Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to go into the military what branch would you go into and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grassroots89
    replied
    The Army.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    The Army.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    This is a difficult question to answer objectively because every branch has a broader spectrum of occupational specialties to offer since I enlisted. The Marine Corps was very good to me, but I have worked with all branches of U.S. military and elements of each have richly earned my respect. When my son, who is brighter than I was at his age, considered enlistment, I made my objective recommendations based on his computer knowledge and technical aptitude; he is an aviation electronics technician and recently finished his second deployment on a nuclear-powered Nimitz-class aircraft carrier. I believe he made the right choice. I have close friends who are veterans of all branches and, in my opinion, those who've reached a bit further to make the most of their service through additional and advanced training have gotten the most of their service, whatever branch they chose. I have brothers with whom I served in 1st Marine Division in Viet Nam, and we are close 45 years after we met, but that brotherhood can be found in other branches, especially in elite or special warfare units. Whatever you choose, strive to make the most of yourself, your service, and to reflect honor on your uniform. Avoid parochial, juvenile attitudes and consider the big picture. Interservice rivalry can bring out the best (and the worst) in any individual or unit. Conduct yourself and express yourself in a manner deserving and reflecting respect. Explore the resources and occupational possibilities based on your aptitudes and interests, and consider the branch of service that will offer the training that most suits your interests and career goals. Be patient, be thorough, and be objective. You are dealing with a very important decision. May God guide you in your deliberations.

Leave a comment:

• mspl8sdcntryboy
    replied
    I guess the Marines would probably be my choice, we've got the Army and Navy already represented in my family.

Leave a comment:

• gator fan 2017
    replied
    Go Gators

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Ah wood be a Green Beret.

They git to jump out of airplanes and git a new rifle and all the ammo they can shoot.

Glad Ah'm not human, though.

Ah wood git arrested for humping the veterinarian's leg!

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    If you can figure out what skill sets you would like to have, a decision on branch will be much easier. Also, are you looking at service as a career? Talk to some recruiters about what is available. Be careful though because sometimes they promise more that they can deliver. You can demand some promises in writing if you have qualifications they are looking for.
    My nephew was disappointed with the Navy as after 7 years he could not get on a ship - something he wanted to do. So he quit.
    Good luck whatever you choose.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I did my three years in the US Army and I am not biased. Still, I doubt I could have taken three or four years in the Navy. I have to have my feet on solid ground and need to be able to walk around on something besides steel. I do love the ocean though. Just not enough to live on it. Try to make a choice based on what you'd like to do in life. The "career" they prepare you for in the service may not be applicable when you get out, but if it's something that interests you, it can make your time served much more tolerable. And whatever branch you choose, do not expect time served to be very tolerable. It's not supposed to be. Combat is as intolerable as it gets and they are just preparing you for it and trying to keep you prepared.

Leave a comment:

• If you had to go into the military what branch would you go into and why?

If you had to go into the military what branch would you go into and why?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad