Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hero in Georgia.

A hero in Georgia.

I felt like posting this when I fist heard about it so here it is, www.newser.com/story/169403/good-samaritan-paralyzed-while-saving-young-girl.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_ca mpaign=rss_top. This story is a very rare one, especially these days. I only wish there were more people like this, I doubt he knew how this was going to turn out, but I would bet that even if he knew, he would still have done it.

Comment

I read the story the other day and was at a loss for words. It's stories like these that restore my faith in people, although they are far and few between there are still good people around.

I had an unfortunate experience in which I found a motorcyclist who wrecked his bike last fall and I found him face down unconscious in his blood after almost running him over. I stopped to help him as I was trying to talk to 911 operator he came too and was trying to get up I was trying to talk and hold him down as cars were driving slowly by and I'm trying to flag them down to help and they would just slow to almost a stop and just look. After about 20 cars one guy seen me waiving for help and he drove his truck off the on ramp and across the field to help me and the injured guy. That day will be one of those days I'll never forget how cold and callous people can be.

Comment

That makes me think of how many of those people thought about the incident later in the day, or couldn't sleep because of it. I admit I haven't always stopped and helped when I could have, but believe me when I say that I never want to feel the guilt of not helping again.

Comment

Sadly, there's tons of folks out there just like him.
          You just never hear about them until something like this occurs.

Comment

Unfortunately so Bubba.

Comment

Makes me proud to be a Georgian!

Comment

Me too Ga hunter!

Comment

It is always good to hear of people willing to risk their life to help others. There are a lot more of these great people out there than we think! They just don't all break their neck and make the news when they help someone out.

I had someone save my life once (drowning) and it took great effort on his part to dive continuously until he found me and then give me artificial respiration until all the water was out of my lungs and I regained consciousness. I was also able to save a young 4 year old who had been swept away in the current and was no longer breathing when I got to her. I think these things happen all the time... you just don't hear about it because it is not glamorous enough for prime time news viewers. They want someone to break their neck in the process of helping someone to even have a chance for the news.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad