Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I linked this in another post from jhjimbo about Edward Snowden, but I feel everyone should read it. Yes it is political.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Huber
    replied
    OK Dcast no blood no foul. Maybe between all of us we can bring America back

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    I couldn't make the 50 word maximum in last post, but tried to keep it simple!

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    Carl, I'm at a loss for words. I don't understand what your not following me on? This isn't about Snowden forget him, erase this out of your mind, then reread the post, the supporting post, and our posts since. I think for the most part we are in agreement. You got side tracked on a previously post by jhjimbo.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Yes 99 there always have been an ebb & flow to NY law. I remember prior to Stop and Frisk, they tried to implement a mandatory one year in jail for a Loaded Firearm. Key word being Loaded. All this was good till two of our citizens Not unknowing to the local Leo's. Was stopped one had the pistol the other a loaded magazine. They got off because they could not prove that one knew the other possessed the mag.. That was the driving force of NYC saying WTF. With S&F the LEO had the right to stop you ask who you are and ask about the lump in your waist band. They found a great deal with wants and warrants. And gave rise to the baggy pants rage.
    Now we have become so PC a racial motivated hate crime can happen in Florida between a Black and Hispanic person.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    FYI, at this moment, there is a lawsuit pending (Floyd vs. New York City) in the Federal District Court that aims to curtail the police practice of "stop and frisk," which is responsible for an 80% reduction in violent crime in N.Y.C. since it was instituted by then Commissioner Bill Bratton under Mayor Rudy Giuliani in 1994.
    Opponents of the practice claim that it involves racial profiling.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    As far as your Anger that's you right to be as Angry as you want to be. Myself I would rather the Government be able to track Human Traffickers, Drug Dealers, Ped0philes and Terrorists. Even if they use up to date Technology or Systems that have been in place before me. Being older than Miranda I even agree with the Patriot Act of questioning a suspect about a second bomb before they read him his Rights. If you can come up with a better system and something that is real world I would be very happy.
    PS Less than 50 words, and you can't Brand BadGuy'ss like they did 300 years go.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Dcast I will give you one thing you are wordy. Snowden is a minor distraction and I'm surprised you would dedicate 2 feet of type for him and his case. Yes you do have more to research and you might be surprised. Forget all of our jobs are out sourced as stated. If your computer or cell phone crashes you might have to call Flint in Bangladesh. Forget even the goods Assembled in America are made up of foreign manufactured parts and assemblies. Forget 50% of American Corn is exported at below market price. And corn is used for more than pop corn and muffins. Forget Brazil imports no oil rather subsidizes with Alcohol made from local crops. Incidentally my Dad a house painter during and after WWII ran his Auburn on 85% Alcohol. Forget that if you try to sell American products over seas at anything but a discount you are hit with a Tariff. Rather than look at these problems. Some people would rather argue about a pistol grip and a tin box that holds 20 more rounds. Forget about technology that is older than me was Revealed to the American people. You used the term "Control a Helpless People" you are Just Simply Distracted from what really is the problem and what should be corrected. All of what I have said is easily available on the INTERNET. Being old I have observed what has disappeared and changed in America. I am done working and my kids are educated in very profitable non outsourcable professions. My only concern is for the little guy on the left. But his Dad is no dope and will guide both him and his sister. They will make Money if America makes Money and they will make Money if America looses Money. Mercinary for sure but true.
    PS Look it up you may become educated and suprised

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    "Dcast if you want to get your interpretation of Constitutional Law from the writer's of fiction." Where you got this is beyond me but I will humor you. 1st off most Constitutional Lawyers both sides of the political spectrum agree what is being done is illegal because they're gathering data for reasons unknown. Heck even Obama was against the Patriot Act in the past, yet has expanded it beyond it's intended reason. Without reasonable cause they do not have the right to snoop/spy on lawful citizens. Now if they are suspected of something unlawful then they have the right to search, snoop, spy, etc...

"As far as America there are bigger fish to fry. A more noble pursuit might be to delve into how the IRS was used as a form of punishment or why the 2nd Amendment is being used as a distraction" I think the article I posted simply explains that. IRS was/is being used for the simple reason to quite and punish the opposition to the progressive agenda. The 2nd Amendment maybe a little harder and is open to many opinions, mine being it's easier to control a helpless people. Once again Oleg clearly stated it and gave examples. I'm not a worshipper this guy but he has in my opinion a profound view not to mention he lived it first hand.

I'm not backing Snowden, he is neither a hero, someone to hate, or someone to look up to as far as I'm concerned if that's what your thinking. I plainly think the government has gotten way out of hand with the complacency of all. I'm not trying to be "noble", I'm stating my anger. Don't you think our government has better things to do? I think you missed the whole point of my post, it has nothing to do with Snowden and all to do with our government and what they are doing. Then again maybe you did understand my post. It was only linked then reposted because I personally think it is relevant right now.

As for your other two questions without researching I will simply state my assumptions of the Government, World Trade & Unions. Same with the automobile industry.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    99 True there has always has been give & take and take & give. But with goods being manufactured with labor cost 1/20th of American labor how come the prices have done nothing but rise. Kind of like a double hit. Anyway Best Regards and Keep the Faith.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Carl - Without getting into this dispute, I would like to say that I think the outsourcing of textile manufacturing has something to do with the cost of labor in this country.
    Many years ago I was shocked to learn than the auto workers not only got their own birthdays off as paid holidays, but also their wives' and children's birthdays as well.
    I would imagine by now they must be getting their pets' birthdays off too.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    PPS Dcast one more thing before I sit down to dinner. All the above were indicators and not unique. In my youth I was a Sand Hog working on the 2nd Ave Subway Tunnel. It was a huge multi year multi Billion dollar project ALL the steel used was American Iron Ore shipped to Japan refined and shipped back to America as finished steel. Explain that to me?

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    PS Dcast you appear to be computer savie. Maybe a better pursuit would be WHY Levies and Wrangler jeans haven't been made in America in 30 years. Why Niki is made in S. Africa. Why 35 years ago 80% of Americas clothes were made in NYC's Garment District. Today less than 5%. Or how come if I fly to the Caribbean I have to declare anything over $10,000 yet one of the founders of Face book can take a half a billion dollars to Argentina. The answers to the above would go a long way to bringing back my America.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Dcast if you want to get your interpretation of Constitutional Law from the writer's of fiction. Well that I cannot answer. As far as America there are bigger fish to fry. A more noble pursuit might be to delve into how the IRS was used as a form of punishment or why the 2nd Amendment is being used as a distraction. This Snowden just violated is work contract. Hardly a whistle blower. He does not even approach the level of treason by the author of Wikileaks or Jane Fonda. I know Hero's are few and far between today. But if your as "Cool" as you think you will put more stock in Non Fiction.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    Carl, I'm quite happy with myself. Why the hate for the mentally disabled? After all you're the one making helmets not me! I will end the $h!t throwing here and now, you threw a jab so I gave you one back. I will leave it that you and I are in disagreement over the rights of what government can and cannot do. The point is they area breaking the law for reasons unknown, and they're getting a free pass. I will never except it, and you'll never care. For future reference I never road a bus to school, I was a "Cool" kid who had many friends older than myself!

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Dcast I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. My wife had to explain to me the products you seem to be acquainted with. Do not despair with the advent of reassignment surgery and hormone therapy they will have your outside matching your inside in no time.
    As far as being my "favorite Kook I have to say no. They did not take the short bus to school and are more knowledgeablee than Copy & Paste. Have an original thought; I'll leave my brains at the door and we will have a discussion.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Toothy friends
    by Solitario Lupo
    Same here I’m into pike and musky now. Can’t beat the fight they give. Hard to get but worth the work....
    Today, 02:33 PM
  • Toothy friends
    by Solitario Lupo
    Just thought I’d share some pics.
    Today, 12:09 PM
  • Reply to M1 Garand
    by jhjimbo
    The article said to use the lighter 150gr. I think the Military M-2 was 168gr.
    They did not mention but I think you should use SB die....
    Today, 02:03 PM
  • M1 Garand
    by FirstBubba
    Got a young friend who bought a M1 Garand in .30-06.

He was told to only shoot "mil-surp" ammo as modern ammo was too hot and could...
    Yesterday, 09:49 AM
  • Reply to M1 Garand
    by jhjimbo
    Good article. I always heard 4895 was a powder of choice for the Garand...
    Today, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X