Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in northeast AR and have noticed that this year there seems to be a huge population increase of vultures in this area. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in northeast AR and have noticed that this year there seems to be a huge population increase of vultures in this area. I

I live in northeast AR and have noticed that this year there seems to be a huge population increase of vultures in this area. I have seen flocks of them in trees, on top of barns, and in open fields. Diving down the road on this past Saturday and one took out the passenger side rear view mirror. Anyone else notice a rise in vulture population?

I will have to take a picture for you, but at my in-laws there is a tree that the vultures flock to in the evenings. I've seen upwards of 60+ vultures there a one time. I will try to get you a picture of them this week, there are always 30+ there and many more other times.

Comment

they are really not vultures, they are the NSA's new spy drone, so watch out!!!!!!

Comment

Well they are all black...............

Comment

I have not noticed a increase although I do have them around camp all the time, along with black helicopters. My idea is just 'keep moving' and they won't bother you.

Comment

They may be looking for Clay

Comment

"buzzard roost"?

Comment

Vultures roost communally, so it's not uncommon to see a lot of them in one area. If they are causing damage with their feces, contact USDA Wildlife Services...they deal with breaking up vulture roost sites on a regular basis.

Comment

A little buzzard trivia: Why do vultures circle their meal?

Comment

Either to sniff the air to see if the carrion is a fresh kill or to see if there are other, ground, scavengers around that might lay in wait for the vulture.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad