Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good suggestions for radio earmuffs? I will be using them for work not for shooting. I know it's not realy hunting or fishin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good suggestions for radio earmuffs? I will be using them for work not for shooting. I know it's not realy hunting or fishin

Any good suggestions for radio earmuffs? I will be using them for work not for shooting. I know it's not realy hunting or fishing related but I figured you guys might be able to point me in a good direction. My number one concern is noise reduction. They need to be able to block out continuos noise from loud machinery. What is a good noise reduction rating? Also I want to keep it under $50. Right now I use just regular old earmuffs but I get board easily so I would like a pair I could listen to the radio or my iPod with.

Some I have had with radio's were sensitive to direction so when you turned your head the station would fade out. Maybe the newer ones have taken care of that problem. I would look at some sold by the chain saw companies, Sthil comes to mind.

Comment

Don't know what you do for work, but perhaps consider the hazards of listening to the radio while doing so in a situation where your hearing is already reduced to begin with...if somebody is trying to communicate an important message to you, like "GET OUT OF THE WAY!" you may not hear them. Sometimes the price of being bored is being a little more safe, and which is more valuable...a little entertainment, or your life and all of your limbs?

Comment

I've thrown my ipod earbuds into a regular set of noise reducing muffs before. Cheap, easy, and it works. For whatever reason, it wasn't comfortable with the earbud in my ear and then muffs on top, but just setting the earbud inside the muff worked fine for me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to When will the COVID-19 pandemic end?
          by rock rat
          The pandemic will end when active cases drop to a low enough point that there is no longer community spread. Virus won't be gone, but the pandemic will...
          Today, 07:23 AM
        • When will the COVID-19 pandemic end?
          by FirstBubba
          November 4, 2020
          08-13-2020, 11:25 PM
        • Reply to Crickets !!
          by bowhunter75richard
          Rock, I agree with some of your points, however I read nothing in your words that gave a sound approach to ‘getting’ our diverse population on the...
          Today, 07:01 AM
        • Crickets !!
          by bowhunter75richard
          Some time ago, I asked our liberal/progressive ‘friends’ on the site to give just one item on the D’s agenda that would benefit the American people...
          08-13-2020, 05:27 PM
        • Reply to Crickets !!
          by Pmacc60
          To compare the society’s of China , Singapore and Taiwan to the US is pointless! Completely different cultures, it is darn near impossible to have a...
          Today, 06:14 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X