Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just heard that Cabelas is listing a "Medical Tax" on all their receipts thanks to Obamacare. Is this True or False? Do you li

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder1
    replied
    Hi...

Recently got some stuff through Amazon, and even though they have no store here in NY, they charged me a fee for "sales tax". The fee appeared to be smaller than the sales tax we pay here in NY, though.

I wonder what gives...??

Leave a comment:

• gunkid13
    replied
    I agree with bioguy and first bubba. Although I dont have to pay taxes my parents do so i still dont like it.

Leave a comment:

• Greenhead
    replied
    The tax is real, it just only applies to medical equipment. The mistake was that Cabela's initially applied it to all purchases through a computer screw up.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    Bioguy is using his noggin!

Leave a comment:

• Bioguy01
    replied
    It might have been a mistake, but one must wonder why the coding for that mistake was derived...I mean somebody doesn't just write up computer code for an additional tax for absolutely no reason. Perhaps this mistake was a small glimpse into the future...

Leave a comment:

• tleichty1989
    replied
    Seems like an urban myth to me. People are already overtaxed as it is. I think its a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Good idea?
    Good question!
    I don't think it's a "bad" idea!
    If it will help hard line "lefties" understand that when you tax "corporate" America, it's the "end user" or consumer who actually pays that tax with increased cost in product or services!
    Obamacare "won't cost a dime"? Yeah! ...and I've got some oceanfront property in Montana! I'll let it go cheap! These properties seldom come on the market!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Programing error and they took care of it as soon as they realized it.

Leave a comment:

• Greenhead
    replied
    It was a mistake.

www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/medicaldevice.asp

Leave a comment:

• I just heard that Cabelas is listing a "Medical Tax" on all their receipts thanks to Obamacare. Is this True or False? Do you li

I just heard that Cabelas is listing a "Medical Tax" on all their receipts thanks to Obamacare. Is this True or False? Do you like the idea?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad