Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me and my buddy were wading the creek at his hunting club fishing the other day. There was a somewhat think forest to our left a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my buddy were wading the creek at his hunting club fishing the other day. There was a somewhat think forest to our left a

Me and my buddy were wading the creek at his hunting club fishing the other day. There was a somewhat think forest to our left and while we were fishing we kept hearing somthing over there but couldn't see it. Once it was right to our left the think went insaine. We could hear somthing so I took the 20 gage off my back and started to walk over there to see what it was. Once I got like 5 feet from the bank the thing went absolutely bezerk like 10 yards away in the woods. The forest was think and we couldn't see what it was. I was stomping and making weird noises and shaking trees. The only way I can really describe the trees shaking is at one point I thought it was someone walking through the woods wacking them with a machete. That's what it looked like! I mean this was scary! We hunkered down on the other bank guns ready. We thought a hog or bigfoot or somthing was about to charge at us! Then It turned around and ran away. It was a deer! I only saw its side and white butt when it turned and ran away. I can not figure out what in the world it was doing. We had already seen another deer but it just turned around and ran off. Does anyone know why this deer was acting so crazy??

Andrew, you’re talking about a strange noise in the woods that turned out to be a deer. I was setting up my two trail cameras at the same location where I got a sow black bear with her four cubs. I could hear a noise within hundred yards in the thick mountain laurel and the rhododendrons. It sound liked repeating grunts. I could tell it was a black bear making that sound. I was thinking if that monster sow with her four tiny cubs walks out of the thick bush with me standing there at point blank range will she attack me. I had only a machete for protection. My hair was standing up on my neck and I was a little nervous. I had one eye setting up my trail cam and my other eye watching the thick brush.

Comment

Might of been a doe with young standing her ground.

Comment

That's what were thinking too jay

Comment

She may have been fighting one of those Alabama Swamp Monkeys, and you never saw the monkey---they're sly devils.

Comment

It was likely a hoodoo

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad