Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing very low crystal clear water yesterday was very challenging. With 13'+ of leader/tippet my line was still spooking fish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing very low crystal clear water yesterday was very challenging. With 13'+ of leader/tippet my line was still spooking fish.

Fishing very low crystal clear water yesterday was very challenging. With 13'+ of leader/tippet my line was still spooking fish. I later started fishing down stream using heavy floatant on my dry and casting far up from the area I was targeting and letting the current take my fly to the fish. I did catch a few but the amount of slack in my line that gave me good drifts I missed setting the hook on a number of fish. What advice do you have on very low very clear trout water?

Thanks for the tips guys

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad