Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in Alabama and I'm 16 years old. I've got hunting and fishing licenses and management land permits. There is a pond out a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary I've never been arrested for killing poisonous snakes, many of which I have done in front of police (for which they were often very thankful).

Comment

mspl8sdcntryboy, the police may not know the Fish and Wildlife game laws. The real test would be for you to kill a poisonous snake in front of a Conservation Officer.
      Where is Sarge a retired C. O. when you need him?

Comment

This is a quote from the Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries.

"If you encounter a venomous snake, instead of trying to capture or kill it, simply leave it alone and allow it to flee and move away. If it is in your yard, consider calling a professional wildlife damage control agent and have it captured and removed before killing it needlessly."

This link below is where I got it from.

www.outdooralabama.com/watchable-wildlife/watchablearticles/snakesgood.cfm

Comment

Gary
          State laws are different on snakes in different states.. In WV it not illegal to kill poisonous snakes. However I think next door in Md. it is illegal. You need to check with each state's DNR to make sure. What people don't realize is that each Jan. 1 or July 1 of each year new laws go into effect. You can't just think that if it was legal last year it is legal this year. That is why new hunting and fishing regulations are printed each year. I always told people if there is any doubt at all pick up the phone and call the DNR office and check,. don't take someone's word on the street. I had a listed telephone number and welcomed people to call me and get the correct information.

Comment

Gary, one of the many officers that I have killed snakes in front of (my father) was a park ranger for many years, and even considered considered a position in DNR before.

Comment

Sarge, I agree that every state has different game laws and regulations. In New Jersey they stopped a building development from being build, because they found a Rattlesnake den on the property. The snakes had to be moved.

mspl, no disrespect but I don’t think a Father who is a park ranger would write out a summons complaint for his own Son for killing a poisonous snake.

Comment

Probably not, but he sure would've told me not to do it again if it was illegal.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad