Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last day of school for me, then off for the summer, fishing, shooting, camping, and relaxing, along with haying, harvest, moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    Work, Work, Work, Work, Work, do household stuff, Go Fishing, Repeat.

Leave a comment:

• thehunter98.6
    replied
    Ozark ghost, I've never thought of hunting out of state. It's a good idea but after looking around I found that non resident hunting licenses have a very high price and I don't think my dad wants to drive for hours to get to Arkansas(I live in Ohio and our bordering states don't have squirrel seasons in the summer).

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I hope to do some freshwater fishing, some small game hunting, some time of the range in load development, a little traveling, enjoy some quality time with my grown children, and carry my cameras wherever I go! Wishing all on this forum a safe, wonderful summer.

Leave a comment:

• bscrandall
    replied
    Just relaxing after schools out. Fishing, doing odd jobs, and working on the family farm. Plan on saving money to buy a 16 gauge shotgun or a good deer rifle.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Work, work and work during the summer months. Hunting season in the fall, I will hunt, hunt and hunt.

My wife also wants me to installed two gas vent free fireplaces this summer. One fireplace installed inside the enclosed patio and the other fireplace installed inside the family room.

I got to keep my other half happy.

Leave a comment:

• RJ Arena
    replied
    @Safado, sounds like a wonderful rifle, I hope you have many successful hunts with it, sorry about your ten day waiting period, that stinks, I am so glad I don't have that issue here!

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    That is the beauty of fierce rifles; they often are priced below market for new! My .300 Weatherby Fibermark was $845 with a Leupold scope, all like new. The 7mm Roy was a beater restore to its former glory.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkghost
    replied
    thehunter98.6 squirrel season in AR runs from May 15, 2013 to Feb 28 2014. Come on down and have a blast. Also if your into squirrel hunting go to squirrelsunlimited.com . Does the same and Ducks Unlimited but for squirrels and squirrel hunters.

As for me, fishing and hunting limb chicken all sumer with the two grandsons should keep me busier than most.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    WAM,
    It's a beauty, an Accumark, no muzzle break (which would have been a deal breaker) and it looks brand new. It was $1,100 but a new one is $2,100. It had been enticing me for a while sitting there on the rack looking like it needed a good home.

Leave a comment:

• tneal1987
    replied
    Round bales for us oh littlw squares are not cost effective on a ranch our size. Also silage and haylage are different but we don't use either because of handling. Cost. And it is what they call a hot feed which means cattle can overeat on it. Its more suited to feedlots where they feed large quantities in a small area. Our feedgrounds are spaced miles apart.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Safado,
    I ran across a German made Weatherby Mk V Deluxe 7mm WM with nice wood for $799. It had a 24" barrel like mine, so I left it there. very tempting1

Leave a comment:

• thehunter98.6
    replied
    My school year ends in 2 weeks. Too bad you can’t hunt tree squirrels in the summertime.

Leave a comment:

• bruisedsausage
    replied
    OH, I think the biggest reason that people don't make haylage (we call it Silage here) is the cost factor, and the handling of the bales. Just about every aspect of it is more complicated with risk for loss, and expenses along the way. Most generally I think unless you are a really large farming operation or live in a climate where traditional baling won't work because of weather (i.e. Alaska) then it's more cost efficient to bale at standard moisture content.

This summer for me will revolve around fencing, haying, dealing with the farm critters, and then going back for a second helping in all of the above, and try to squeak in a little fishing here and there.

Leave a comment:

• habben97
    replied
    baling hay, fishing, taking care of the cows and calves, and our annual Wisconsin fishing trip. going to chetek WI this year to catch crappies bass and northern pike. really looking forward to that.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    In about a week (six days actually)I will pick up my new baby. I've been in the market for a medium bore rifle for elk and big bears and pulled the trigger (pun intended) last week. I'm going through my 10 day waiting period now. I have done a lot of research including going thru past Gun Nut blogs. Among a lot of good input from all of the guys here I found this from our resident Weatherby Sales Consultant WAM:

"If I ever find a .340 Roy without a muzzle brake at a reasonable price, it's going in the gun locker! Why? Don't ask me because I don't know!"

Well I found one; a slightly used .340 Weatherby Accumark in like new condition, no scratches or wear marks with an excellent bore. It appears to have been shot once or twice (I wonder why). It was at a reasonable price and does not have a muzzle break. So this summer I will be mounting a scope, I have to get loading dies, brass and bullets and will be doing load development all summer to see what it likes. I will be picking this up the day before my birthday as well.
    I would like to wish everyone a great Memorial Day Weekend and hope we all remember the true meaning of Memorial Day. Thank you to everyone for all of your past input on .338s because I read all of it. This site is an incredible resource for personal experience and advice concerning the toys we all love.
    Good shooting guys and Happy Holiday!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad