Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I visited my local WalMart this afternoon, and the only handgun ammo on the shelf in the Sporting Goods Dept. was .32ACP. There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I visited my local WalMart this afternoon, and the only handgun ammo on the shelf in the Sporting Goods Dept. was .32ACP. There

I visited my local WalMart this afternoon, and the only handgun ammo on the shelf in the Sporting Goods Dept. was .32ACP. There was one box of .243 and a couple of boxes of .270 plus some .300 Win Mag. I said to the clerk, "I guess when the ammo arrives, it's sold before it gets to the shelf." He just grinned and nodded his head as he walked away. I think the hoarding is still underway. What say you?

on a side note. does the billion + rounds Homeland Security is purchasing pay the Robinson-Pittman Tax?

Comment

Then that means that the .243 and and .32 ACP will become real-world cartidges now! LOL

Comment

I consider myself lucky now. I finally found a few rounds of .22 lr ammo. My local bait shop, who just opened after the winter, has a couple bricks sitting right under the register. I guess other over looked the bait shop as a place to buy ammo, but I could care less, I finally found some!

Comment

Yea I would say so, its hard enough finding 30-06 in 165gr at the big stores, let alone .22. I don't think I remember what a box of them look like anymore.

Comment

Simple Economics 101 and just more of that change we were supposed to believe in. Threaten supply and demand will soar. If a staple like milk was in short supply folks would be hoarding canned and powdered milk. If bread was in short supply folks would be learning to bake and hoarding flour. No difference when the staple is ammo. The Govt. threatens supply and the people get scared, and with good reason. As Thomas Jefferson said, "When the government fears the people we have liberty, but when the people fear the government we have tyranny" The whole purpose of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms is to protect us from tyranny.

Comment

Locally (Pacific Northwest) I have never seen the shelves so bare for so long. I am running low on powder for my varmint rifles and sidearms, and my preferred components are nowhere to be found in local resources. Simple needs (e.g., CCI .22LR and .22 WMR ammo) are not in stock. This is getting ridiculous!

Comment

.22 longs are no where to be found in VA and MD. I am getting tempted to sell the two 500 round bricks I have on ebay for $100 a pop.

Comment

DEER30 - Ammunition cannot be sold on ebay. Maybe on Gunbroker.

Comment

there is .22lr in the gun shop, but no bricks of it. just got 50 rounds of .223 at farm and fleet, they got a shipment last night and my dad got a box for me this morning. I am sure they are gone by now. I dont think the hoarding/shortage is near as bad as it was, so hopefully everything will get back to normal in a few months.
                    personally I have not been shooting near as much as usual, because I want to save the ammo I have for hunting and varmint shooting.

Comment

Guy at bass pro told me they get shipments every two weeks and it's all sold within 45 minutes even with restrictions on how much someone can purchase. Don't help at all that homeland security is buyin out ammo like, well.... Most of us on a normal day. I keep hearin that since Obama gun bill failed that everything should go back to normal within 6 monthes, it's already gettin easier to buy powder

Comment

Everything is in short supply thanks to the Obama Administration with everybody panicking across the country.
                        I ordered a Browning Gun Safe and Browning told me that there is a twelve week wait.
                        The mad rush on guns and ammo is making people buy more gun safes to protect everything.

Comment

I think it's still going on, but it's starting to get a little better in some areas. At our local Walmart there is actually buckshot on the shelves (which I haven't really seen at Walmart in a while). .22 ammo will be out for a good while I'm betting though! Hopefully the shortage will die down soon though. The Obama administration certainly isn't helping the problem!

Comment

I went to four stores (Bass Pro, and big gun shops)this week searching for Retumbo powder and Barnes bullets. All of them were out! They all said that their orders have been unfilled for some time. The manufacturers are working full tilt but all their powder and bullets are going to the Federal Government... very little for civilians.

I guess Obama discovered how to eliminate private gun use without legislation. They all said the components are going to Homeland Security and the Internal Revenue Service at this point. I have no doubt that many other government agencies still have big closets to keep these items off the market for a long time.

Comment

Ammo can still be found on Gunbroker.com, but the shipping for a brick of .22LR is $16 to $25 per brick!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to What's going on in the cities?
                                by labrador12
                                Rochester NY has 14 shot at party, 2 deaths. NY Safe Act in action. Democrats just can't understand the relationship between the law abiding and the lawless....
                                Today, 09:38 AM
                              • What's going on in the cities?
                                by labrador12
                                If a white guy shot 12 children there would be hell to pay, and rightfully so. Chicago saw 101 shot this weekend, 14 fatally. Why is there no outrage?...
                                06-22-2020, 10:00 AM
                              • Reply to Rip -rbg
                                by FirstBubba
                                I don't think the GOP is a bunch of, "weak old ladies".
                                I think they're just trying to play by the rules, but dealing with a bunch of...
                                Today, 09:37 AM
                              • Rip -rbg
                                by fitch270
                                2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                                Yesterday, 09:26 PM
                              • Reply to What's going on in the cities?
                                by labrador12
                                No. Rupert isn't opening this year. I'm booked for Sept 30th to Bellingham. The $ is outrageous. I hope the poop gets grouped a little better next year...
                                Today, 09:34 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X