Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has nothing to do with hunting or fishing but I'm just curious. I just got back from the Binghamton, NY area. Anybody on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    There are 'hot spots' along the Susquehanna that are noted for small mouth bass although other species exist. I have not been in the area for years so can not comment on any consumption limits. Friends further east in Roscoe are on the Delaware River which is a top noted trout river. I have hunted the Southern tier but more over toward Roscoe or North in the Adirondacks.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I was told that the Susquehannah (spelling??) won't support fish in that area, that it's too shallow. Is that true, or is it too polluted?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    One of the biggest black bears of N.Y. came from not far from there close to the PA border. If I remember it was just shy of 700lbs.
    Another record was in the North Adirondacks and i think it was over 725lbs live wt.
    Just across the State line into PA some monsters have been taken, over 700lbs.
    In Inlet N.Y. there is one in the hardware store that towered over my 6'2", 250lb body. It was followed out of town and taken with a .257Roberts if i remember the story right.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    scratch, tell your aunt to set up a motion trail camera for the F&S Spring Contest.
    Only kidding!

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    i have an aunt that lives in binhamton...says shes got black bears in her yard all the time.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I lived in upstate N.Y. and have been to Binghamton a long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• Bioguy01
    replied
    When I was living in Northeast PA I was about 20 minutes south of Binghamton and went there frequently.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    My oldest brother lives near Lake Ontario in Pulaski, New York and I have driven up many times from New Jersey. I have seen road signs for Binghamton while I was driving up but I never been there.
    My closest town near it would be Cortland NY. Watch the cops in Cortland they love writing speeding tickets.

Leave a comment:

• This has nothing to do with hunting or fishing but I'm just curious. I just got back from the Binghamton, NY area. Anybody on

This has nothing to do with hunting or fishing but I'm just curious. I just got back from the Binghamton, NY area. Anybody on here from that immediate area?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad