Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the other day I lost a monster brown when my knot failed and he took my streamer in a mad dash. He would've been my biggest f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the other day I lost a monster brown when my knot failed and he took my streamer in a mad dash. He would've been my biggest f

So the other day I lost a monster brown when my knot failed and he took my streamer in a mad dash. He would've been my biggest fish of the year by far. Just felt like sharing. Thanks for listening!

Oh, the woes of fluorocarbon!

Comment

Let me know where it went down, I'll get your streamer back for ya....

Comment

I feel your pain,the ones we lose hurt the most.

Comment

At least you had the excitement for a while. With salmon and trout, it is most important to test your knots. Monofilament will crack easily reducing the breaking weight to a pound or less on any weight line. Fish like bass that swim at 6 mph don't usually show that to us but trout that can swim at up to 20 mph sure will.

While you are at it, I'd suggest sharpening your hoods for trout too so that the hook penetrates into jaw bone as much as possible. They have very tender skin and mouth tissue. Therefore hooks come loose much easier than with fish like bass, northerns, walleyes, etc. Best of luck to you... keep trying... you obviously have the right bait/lure and presentation... go get 'em!

Comment

Been there, done that.

Suggest a book on knots and some practice time in from of the TV.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad