Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trivia:What Traditional Wedding Song is NOT played at a Jewish Wedding, and Why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia:What Traditional Wedding Song is NOT played at a Jewish Wedding, and Why???

Trivia:What Traditional Wedding Song is NOT played at a Jewish Wedding, and Why???

I'm guessing Felix Mendelssohn's wedding march. Probably because he was born into a prominent Jewish family and then abandoned the religion and became a Baptist.

Comment

The 270 will give you more velocity, but at the expense of bullet weight. The 30-06 is better suited to larger game as you can shoot heavier bullets.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Amflyer, see my just posted thread questioning whether F&S even gives a hoot if this site stays afloat. Seems to fit exactly what is going on with your above post!

Comment

Its Trivia that's whats going on!!

Comment

The "Wedding March" was written by Wagner.
            It never was used in traditional Jewish weddings. After Hitler revealed Wagner was his favorite composer, it became a REAL taboo at Jewish weddings!

pro. "vag-ner"

Comment

Hitler owned a Smith & Wesson revolver.
              I hope that revelation doesn't put them out of business.

Comment

Wagner's piece is officially known as the Bridal Chorus and Felix Mendelssohn's is the Wedding March. Wagner's is usually played when the bride marches down the aisle to the altar and Mendelssohn's when the married couple proceeds out from the church. Wagner was a notorious anti-Semite and Mendelssohn flipped on his heritage to become a Gentile. I imagine a Jewish wedding would have problems with either piece being played. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Jewish services do not allow secular music, correct? I could be wrong but seems I remember something to that effect.

Comment

99explorer: Hitler also got his jollies being pooped on during sex (no kidding!). But I'm sure we'll all continue buying toilet paper. :-)

Comment

This so used to be a (Jewish) family site.

Comment

Hi...

Harvey and Sheila...?? (Aussie version!).

Comment

Hitler breathed air, not something I'm ready to give up at the moment.
                        Hitler's last meal was presumably either a cyanide capsule or a bullet. Another activity I'd just as soon not get involved in at this point in my life.

Comment

Ok Here goes: I was at a Jewish Wedding this weekend and Asked Why don't they play"Here Comes The Bride" I was told that The German SS played " Here Comes the Bride"as they were marching the Prisoners to be executed in the Gas Chamber. This was told to me by an elderly woman "Survivor" that had numbers on her arm from the Concentration Camp.

Comment

There was a band at Auschwitz as I recall. Hmmmm. Interesting. Many of the camps had their own prisoner orchestras. They played as the work details marched to and from their job sites. I can find no reference to them playing for prisoners on their way to gas chambers though they were often playing at the rail yard where the new arrival selections were made for death or work.

Comment

Treestand

That may be true, but as I understand it, even prior to WWII and Herr Hitler, the song just wasn't part of Jewish weddings.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad