Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Eagle vs Blazer ammunition.

American Eagle vs Blazer ammunition.

I've shot both out of my pistols. They aren't match grade stuff but I've never had any feeding problems, etc. I don't see a difference between the two. I believe Blazer is manufactured in Eastern Europe and American Eagle is Federal's economy brand and is still made in the US. That would have me choose AE.

Comment

I will not carry Blazer Ammo in my Shop to many Complaints! I do like Am-Eagle Ammo by Federal,The 240Gr in J/FN 44 Mag in Rifle's turns Hogs inside-out @ 50+/- Yd. my Vote..AE.

Comment

I think Blazer ammo was loaded in aluminum (non-reloadable) cases in the past, but are now loaded in brass cases, which can be reloaded. Just my two cents...

Comment

As the firearm officer I used nothing but Blazer.(Blazer was the ammo on state bid.) I have probably used about 450,000 rounds of .40 cal. and .45 cal. on the range with no problems. If there is any drawback at all it is a bit dirty and the officers complained when they cleaned after each session on the range. I wouldn't hesitate to use it even if I had a choice.

Comment

When Blazer ammo came out, it was built (manufactured?) by CCI and though cheap, was good plinking/target ammo. Since CCI (Cascade Cartridge, Inc.) was bought out by Federal, I haven't shot any.
            CCI and RCBS were hand in hand. The only problem I ever saw with CCI Lawman ammo in the yellow plastic box was hard primers. So-so primer strikes just didn't cut it with CCI!

Comment

The Blazer ammo that I used was in a black and white box.

Comment

Our Lawman .38 special +P's are in blue plastic boxes. 300+ rounds of .38 +P's and guess what, we don't even have a .38/.357 anymore, not since the departments switched to Glocks. Maybe we should have sold them during the rush and made a couple of thousand!

Comment

CL3 I prefer Honda! ;-)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad