Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with the sudden big push for promoting Alaska on this site? Did the state tourism agency suddenly throw a bunch of bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the sudden big push for promoting Alaska on this site? Did the state tourism agency suddenly throw a bunch of bucks

What's with the sudden big push for promoting Alaska on this site? Did the state tourism agency suddenly throw a bunch of bucks at F&S;? Check out the blogs section. First it was the newbie that replaced Chad Love in the Field Notes section now the Alaska theme has taken over the rest of them as well. Even the cuisine section. Kinda transparent.

Is this some kind of atonement for bashing Sara Palin's lackluster gun skills a while back?

Comment

Hi...

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Not only here, but...gad...a whole slew of new shows on TV, too.

Comment

I bet the true Alaskans do not approve this message! The good thing is, there aren't that many people that can afford to the travel there.

Comment

I have to say, i was wondering the same thing myself.

Comment

How true, Dcast! After my wife and I left the movie "River Runs Through It," she said, "My, wasn't that something!" I said yep, I expect it will be the kiss of death for Montana. And it was. Very sad to see what's happening there, especially on the west side. I hope Alaska will always be unaffordable. That way it may have a chance of always remaining Alaska.

Comment

Back in the 1960s the outdoor mags used to run "driving the Alcan Highway" stories. I ate them up. I drove up to Ak for the first time in my 66 C20 chevy in 1970. What an adventure! I was 19 and beginning the love affair that has continued all my life. The great white north is the only place to be. My trips have helped to keep me broke, but they can't stop me from going to the land that makes me grin.

Comment

It's funny how people see a thing of beauty and manage to ruin it in no time. Many parts of the western United States is uninhabitable but people managed to move there and make it their own to the determent of the land. Now you have Water Wars and people bickering about lack of water and they're to stupid to realize they are the problem. Places such as these are places to visit/vacation not make a home. This will not change anytime because the majority of the people in the USA are about Me & Mine and have to have what they want, and if that means living in an semiarid region because of the beauty then so be it. Alaska has an advantage in this area, not many people would brave the long hard winters of Alaska.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad