Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe in the five-second rule, that food dropped on the floor would be safe to eat if picked up within five seconds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in the five-second rule, that food dropped on the floor would be safe to eat if picked up within five seconds?

Do you believe in the five-second rule, that food dropped on the floor would be safe to eat if picked up within five seconds?

I practically live by it....

Comment

Most of the time, yes.

Comment

With a 90#, 9 month old Rotty around my house, if food hits the floor, ir WILL NOT last 2 seconds, much less 5. Not only that, the way HE sheds, anything that hits the floor, food or not, is coated with dog hair! So.....NO!

Comment

What stays on the floor with two Labradors around, pray tell?

Comment

I believe... at my ripe old age, I believe I have developed one of the strongest immune systems on the planet due to that rule.

Comment

I have a Pit and a Lab, so this rule is null and void in my house, but on Myth Busters, they tested this, by measuring the bacteria of floors and food dropped, etc.,
              and they found that bacteria is transferred to the food. Is it dangerous? Well again in my house it is a non-question!

Comment

I wouldn't say I believe it, but I do follow it!

Comment

I believe that rule is adaptable, elastic. If the object in question is a delicacy or a cellophane-wrapped candy, the 5-second rule may be extended or I'll count to five very s-l-o-w-l-y. If it's meat, pork or lamb and either of my two dogs are competing for it, five seconds is an exercise of imagination because both of them are faster than I.

Comment

Depends on whose floor.

Comment

Ditto~~Carl Huber
                      I don't have a Replacement Lab Yet.

Comment

My wife is a cleaning phanatic, chances if I did eat something that hit the floor it would taste like Lysol wipes or Mr. Clean.

Comment

depends on the floor and the value of the food item. fried chicken dumped on the floor: pick it up and chow down.
                          a piece of lunch meat: throw it out and get a new piece

Comment

5...10...15 seconds. Depends on how hungry I am.

Comment

In college (who am I kidding I still do) I ate a lot of pizza that was left on the counter overnight. Can't beat cold pizza for breakfast sometimes. If that didn't kill me I don't think a little dirt off the floor will.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad