Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Love's Gundog Blog has disappeared. I also see he stopped contributing to the Field Notes blog quite suddenly and some guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Love's Gundog Blog has disappeared. I also see he stopped contributing to the Field Notes blog quite suddenly and some guy

Chad Love's Gundog Blog has disappeared. I also see he stopped contributing to the Field Notes blog quite suddenly and some guy from Alaska has picked up the slack by plugging his community as a destination. What's up with this?

I'm wondering the same thing. What's going on? Gundog and Field notes were the main attraction here. I hope Chad is just on vacation and the absence of Gundog is merely a technical glitch...

Comment

Chad Love and F&S have parted ways, amicably from how Chad tells it on his own blog. I was curious too and did a google search and came across it.

Comment

Well ... CRAP! With a capital C. I'm certainly not impressed with Chad's replacement in Field Notes. Hope it's only temporary. The guy is just interested in flogging his Alaska lifestyle. I think Chad writes for Pheasants Forever too. I'll maybe look for his contributions there. Moose, have you got an address for his blog? I couldn't find it. Wouldn't mind keeping in touch with him. I see the kids' and ladies' blogs have also disappeared but I think they were pretty much dead anyway. Real shame to lose the F&S dog blog. It didn't pull the posts in like the Gun Nuts but I thought it did okay.

Comment

I wonder if that bit about shooting the drone down from the anti hunting group caused his demise?

Comment

Jay, probably! Heaven forbid F&S stick behind someone advocating collateral damage to maintain sanity in this world. There is nothing he said that any of us wouldn't have done already without his statement. Like I said in DP's last post he's on the chopping block next for his windmill comments.

Comment

OHH, here it is

mallardofdiscontent.blogspot.com

Comment

I don't recall Chad taking any definite position on the drone thing. Sure he put it up and showed everyone what a farce that whole thing was. We could all see it was totally staged. He didn't need to make any comments and I don't recall that he did. The activists took a blind swing at him anyway just for the sake of swinging. F&S knows how they are. I didn't catch the windmill comments. Guess I missed that. I can maybe see how F&S might get sensitive about editors taking a poke at something related to one of their sponsors (like I'm always putting game hog Cabela's in the crosshairs or commenting on the quality of Remington guns falling through the floor), but on that kind of environmental or animal loving stuff I just can't see the corporate head shed taking any interest in what Chad might have said.

Comment

I thought one of his last contributions in Field Notes about the hound who treed the cougar being killed by wolves inspired quite a bit of interesting debate. And, as usual, a lot of useless banter added by one-post-wonder PETA types. But those clowns are always fun to pick apart. A couple of real sharp sportsmen contributors showed up in that foray that I don't see very often. That's what F&S wants and needs. Not some Jaycee romanticizing about how wonderful it is to be shoveling snow from his back porch while watching the tour buses on their way to Denali dropping their cash at the local diner (hint, hint ... surprised he didn't include a PO box, 1-800 number, and zipcode). I mean, who cares?

Comment

"Hmmm, animal-rights activists, a remote-controlled helicopter, and a bunch of guys with shotguns. Now that's a combination with some definite potential for the creation of a brand-new shooting sport. Anyone taking bets on how many loads of 7 1/2s it'll take to send "Angel" crashing to earth?" ~ Chad Love

That's as close as he got to advocating the shooting down of the drone. It was in an article dated Feb 9, 2012 Animals Rights Activists will use drones in SC to film the "Horrors" of a pigeon shoot.

I might add you were quite vocal in your distain towards the shooters and even backed PETA in their drone use! Here if you want to relive it. www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2012/02/activists-film-horrors-sc-pigeon-shoot

Comment

Dcast, I stand corrected ... sort of. That thread was ancient history. I thought the PETA types were after Chad for recently exposing their latest publicity stunt where the drone supposedly did get shot down. We all knew that was a bunch of hooey because 1) no one is going to be hunting any birds in timber as thick as the stuff where this supposedly happened; 2) the video of the crash didn't actually show a crash and 3) the "damage" to the drone was clearly not indicative of something caused by a shotgun.

I'm really disappointed to see Chad go. I would much rather come here and read something about hunting dogs and weird stuff in the outdoors world than get inundated with all the polarizing conservative/liberal "radicalization" that seems to be overwhelming this site.

Comment

Thanks for link Moose1980!

Comment

I miss Chad! I agree that the Alaska thing really doesn't peak my interest either, maybe one day I will get to go there and enjoy the outdoors there, but seriously Chad's commentary and dog training stuff was much more interesting to read and more applicable to my every day life. JMHO

Comment

Dcast, thanks for the link. I remember that Peta drone and the pigeon shoot story. If Chad backed Peta or was distain toward shooters as you stated, then I back Field Stream's position one hundred percent.

Comment

Gary: Dcast is implying that I (not Chad) supported PETA which is ridiculous. Nice job taking things out of context! I had no use for the "pigeon shoot." Trapping pigeons hauling them cross country in crates and then releasing them out of boxes so clients can blast them down is not hunting or anything a real sportsman would support. I believe I said I could care less if PETA types harassed that operation. And I wasn't the only one who found it disgusting. Seems opinion was pretty much universal against that crap. The PETA types are a bunch of nuts but that stuff is even lower. Gives us a huge black eye and I won't support it!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad