Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me out here guys. My daughter is about to foal her first baby in a month. He's going to be a boy. It's just her and me i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out here guys. My daughter is about to foal her first baby in a month. He's going to be a boy. It's just her and me i

Help me out here guys. My daughter is about to foal her first baby in a month. He's going to be a boy. It's just her and me in the mix now. No family left either extended or immediate. So I'm being her "partner" through this including birthing classes, etc. (though they wouldn't let me in on the breast-feeding seminar last night ... darn!). Anyway, we're working on a name for the little fella (yes, it'll be a boy!). I'm desirous of something outdoorsy in hopes that the youngster will be inspired to follow in granddad's footsteps so my guns don't wind up in a yard sale someday. See my first post for my choices but they are not going over very well. Any other suggestions?

haha good luck. I tried that with my wife for our son. It didn't take.

But my Uncle wanted to name his son Glock Von N_____
    or Ruger Von N___________

I removed his last name for his privacy, but we are of german descent. Too bad for his name choices as he had girl.

Comment

A few I liked: Buchanan ("Buck"); Brandt; Horace ("Ace" ... I offered her one hundred grand if she'd agree to that ... not yet); Carver (still some hope for that one yet); Coltrane ("Cole" or "Colt"); Drake ("Greenhead" ... I'm sure he'd like that!); Eastman ("Mannie"); Forrest; Hart; Gibbs; Blackwell ("Blackie" ... Argh, ship ahoy!); Bronco ("Bronc"): Woodrow ("Woodie" ... I think that one is out of the running though)

I kinda liked Hakim too but figured the poor kid would always have trouble getting on an airplane with that name. :-)

Comment

How about Lincoln, Gage or Reed?[If you reverse Reed you get deer.]

Comment

Hunter, Forrest, Glen, Drake, Remington, chase

Comment

Russ, Justin, Garrett, Wyatt. I always thought Henry would be a good one, then I could call him Hank.

Comment

Congratulations Ontario. Being a grandfather is a very special treat. I'm willing to bet that boy will be in your hip pocket every where you go and will have no chance to be anything but a fine outdoorsman regardless of his name.

I wanted to name my first son, Buck. Buck was my grandmothers maiden name and the local cemetery has 5 headstones of Buck's killed in the Civil War. All fought for the CSA. Despite the history, my wife would not allowed my son to have the same name as our dog. Looking back I should have fought harder for that name. Buck was also one heck of a good dog.

I have always admired historical names such as Jefferson and Lincoln.

Comment

Actually, Dallas, Reed was my lovely late son's middle name and already destined to be this boy's middle name ... at least. It was my grandmother's maiden name. She died two months after I was born and her terminal illness wasn't noticed till she was sitting in the waiting room with my dad while Mom was giving birth.

Comment

How about Archer?

Comment

Dallas, How could you in good conscious suggest the middle name of Ontario's late son? I find it to be completly insensitive and disturbing that you would do such a thing, but then again what do you expect from a conservative?

Comment

Doesn't the father have a say in this?

Comment

Bleeding-Heart Liberal,
                        Are you a closet conservative trying to make liberals look bad or are you really just that stupid?

BTW, if you are a closet conervative that is very immature behavior.

Comment

And if you really are a liberal and don't understand what I am saying, I would like to make it clear that I had no idea that that was his late son's middle name.

Comment

Sorry Ontario,I have to side with WAM! Whats the Father have. NO say in naming his Son?

Comment

Hunter- Gauge - Forest - Colt - Henry ... Come to mind quickly. Thank you for the post though, it may give me something to pass the mindless work day aboard the lobster boat, in which case I may just find a creative name. Congratulations again Gramps!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad