Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me out here guys. My daughter is about to foal her first baby in a month. He's going to be a boy. It's just her and me i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an interesting story about my late son's name. In January I was cleaning out vanity drawers in bathroom when I found a small ziplock bag with a bunch of receipts, etc. obviously contents from an old wallet of mine that had worn out. I was sorting through the stuff to see if anything needed to be saved. I came upon a small scrap of paper from a notepad that was folded several ways. Opening it up I found my son's name only written in my late wife's hand. Hmmm. I put it in the discard pile and proceeded. For whatever reason I cannot explain I was suddenly hit like a bolt of lightning with a picture in my mind of where that scrap came from. When my wife gave birth to Wesley, Mom flew out from Montana to help. After a week of debate we were all three deadlocked on three really good names. It was time to get the paperwork done so my wife went down the root cellar, retrieved her grandpa's moth-eaten bowler, and we each inserted our name choice on a piece of paper. Mom made the winning pick. It was Cathy's choice. I can still see her beaming face. And there that scrap of paper has been hiding all these years in the back of a drawer. Sadly, though we saved a lot of Wesley's baby stuff we never got around to picking up a baby book. I have pasted the scrap into our wedding book.

Comment

Bleeding Heart Liberal - If all you want to do is argue and insult people, go to backlash & blow back or go somewhere else. Otherwise just answer the questions and quit attacking people for absolutely no reason. Political intolerance is no better than any other kind of intolerance or prejudice.

Comment

Parker Wesley has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Milo Talon =)

Comment

I always liked "Dakota"!Of your choices I like "Colt" the best. Good luck with the descendant and I sincerely hope he likes to hunt. He'll have one of the best granddads on the planet if he does.

Comment

OHH, if you like Owen, try Eoghan (the Gaelic spelling of the name, pronounced the same).

Comment

Johnny Cash had a song called "A Boy named Sue". I would not recommend that.
                Lyrics from the song;

“And he said: "Son, this world is rough And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along. So I give ya that name and I said goodbye I knew you'd have to get tough or die And it's the name that helped to make you strong." He said: "Now you just fought one hell of a fight And I know you hate me, and you got the right To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do. But ya ought to thank me, before I die, For the gravel in ya guts and the spit in ya eye Cause I'm the son-of-a-b.tch that named you "Sue.'" “

Comment

How about Wesson. Wesson Wesley _______

Comment

OHH,
                    Woodbridge is a family name that has become a first name with us, but is now largely out of use, for obvious reasons, and I fear the same would apply to Woodrow.

You could name him almost anything, then give him Buck as a nickname. That's been going on for ages.

Comment

OHH Sorry to hear about the bad times. You might consider Shelby as in Civil War historian Shelby Foote.
                      Tell your daughter I said life is all about choices and that feller that beat her up was a bad one. Next time look hard at character and not so much at how he looks because looks don't last anyway. Hope it works out for you. I know you will have fun with the little guy. My life revolves around 3 granddaughters.

Comment

pray hunt work, ya I get drawn to them due to having the third brothers name. but you are correct it was william tell.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad