Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me out here guys. My daughter is about to foal her first baby in a month. He's going to be a boy. It's just her and me i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ontario, Congrats on your future grandson! I hope he grows up to be big and strong. Twenty years from now he will be carrying your geese decoys, your bagged geese, your shotgun and maybe even you back to the vehicle after a goose hunt.

I like the name Zack. Good Luck!

Comment

Someone said Woodrow... I think Buckhunter would agree that Woodrow would be a great name and you could call him "Woody!"

Comment

"What's in a name? That which we call a Rose....By any other name would smell as sweet" Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2). OH, just pray for a healthy baby and a smooth delivery. Children today seldom get called by their given christian name anyway. You can give the child your OWN personal nick name which years later your grandson will recall by telling his own grand kids, my grand paw used to call me __________ when I was little and I can still remember his voice. Just make good memories with your grandson and help to bring him up right. Congratulations, .....Santa

Comment

Theron, nickname T

Theron is Greek for Hunter

Comment

Sorry guys. Guess I should explain. I'm a father who got cut out of his daughter's life (my oldest by previous marriage) and ordinarily I would ensure that any father would be a part of naming his kid. But this jerk has had four swings at the bat and he has more than struck out. Every time I go out of town he'd beat my daughter up. I came home from Montana pheasant hunting trip last December to find the back door kicked in, holes smashed in the wall, etc. She made up with him and then the next time I was gone he really worked her over. And my daughter was well along in her pregnancy then too. He's now got four charges to answer for. He's also told the authorities he's going to steal the baby and leave the province, etc. A real delusional nut job. He seemed okay when I first met him but turns out he has a long track record for this sort of thing. He will get to see the kid, of course, but not here and we won't have anything to do with him. Supervised visitation at an institution setting. Not fun but what can ya do? At this point he's lucky to get that much. We are just trying to make the best of a difficult situation. Hopefully he'll get his head screwed on at some point in time but at age 28 I think the prospects are kinda slim. Sorry to vent.

Comment

I have slipped Johnny (Johnson), Evan (Evinrude), and Roy (Mercury) on the list, but I think Honda and Yamaha won't make the cut.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that OH- Im am hosting a blanket party this weekend and would be just thrilled if you might bring the loser along.

Comment

How about John Moses?

Comment

Sorry OH,I had no idea it was like that!
                    I think he needs to meet with Mr.Louisville Slugger many TIMES and trip and fall in to a HOLE filled with Quick Lime(yes)......Did say That?

Comment

"Are you a closet conservative trying to make liberals look bad"
                      Nope.

Comment

OH I would like to give you a few names that are close to my owen name sake. I would like to throw in Tell or Orrin, you could even go with Wyatt, or Virgil. just a thought cause I was named after a cowboy. name has searved me good.

Comment

How about Dave or Phil (you know the ones)!
                          But I might suggest Mark (Marcus) or Carl (Carlos?).

Comment

Desertwalker- you beat me to the Mr. L'amour names. I believe Tell was William Tell Sackett. Good choice and some fine easy reading.

Comment

How about Clay? Nothing closer to the earth than the dirt we walk on!

Comment

I put Petzal on the list but I see it has been scratched out. My youngest brother is already a Phil. I don't mind the name but daughter is not keen on repeats no matter how much we like the name. Too bad. I'd sure love to give Wesley another chance.

Jessie seems to be warming up to Parker. Probably some of the finest shotguns ever made. A nice sounding name too. We'll see.

Unfortunately, Owen is another past boyfriend. Not a bad name if it hadn't been for that. Wyatt sounds good and would go nicely with the last name.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad