Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One time last winter my cousin and I were hunting squirrels in my grandfathers woods. They have an anti hunting neighbor and whi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One time last winter my cousin and I were hunting squirrels in my grandfathers woods. They have an anti hunting neighbor and whi

One time last winter my cousin and I were hunting squirrels in my grandfathers woods. They have an anti hunting neighbor and while we were hunting he kept blowing a fog horn scaring everything away. It was very annoying and we were a bit scared. Did anyone ever have any problems like this while hunting?

You need to check but in some states there are laws against harassing hunters on public and private land both. If that is so in your area you can report the neighbor for harassment. If not there is little you can do. Unfortunately there is no reasoning with anti-hunting individuals once their mind is made up.

Comment

+1 for what ghost said. At my hunter ed class an enviornmental officer said that ppl were hunting geese on a river and someone who lived near by started blasting a stereo needless to say she was charged with harrassment.

Comment

Record it and report it. He’s probably violating noise ordinances in addition to laws regarding interfering with legal hunting.

Comment

IMO~ you should call WMA Officer go in to your woods and shoot and have the officer see for him self, but to cover your self have a note of{Permission}from your grand Dad,

Comment

Never been harassed by anti hunters however I been sitting by our creek next to the bridge hunting coyotes when people start shooting turtles in my direction.

Comment

Off the bridge I mean.

Comment

Knife freak, when I read your first post I thought someone was launching turtles at you! a turtle gun? I want one!

Comment

If you can't get any satisfaction legally, just go out there whenever you can and pretend to hunt, then, you'll be harassing him---getting him all worked up into an anti-hunting furor. You'll be living in his head, messing up his mind. If you're able to kill a couple of squirrels, take them over and offer them to him and see what color steam comes out of his ears. Act naive and innocent. Thank him for scaring the squirrels and making them move around. Drive him crazy.

Comment

Most hunters carry cell phones. I always write the local law enforcement phone number down on an index card and place it within my hunting license. Don’t call the Conservation Officer because he could be in a swamp checking duck hunters out and it could take him an hour to get there. I call the local police and they get there within five to ten minutes. The police will hold the violators until the game wardens get there. It works great.

I had a large gun club do a deer drive across my private hunting lease. I pulled out the cell phone while still in my tree stand and called the local police. When I came out of the woods there were two state trooper patrol cars holding the entire gun club on the side of the road until the fish and wildlife got there. The Conservation Officer told me later in the week, that they wrote up many fines and two of the guys had outstanding warrants against them for not paying child support.

New Jersey is the anti hunting capital of the world. Two of my family members were followed by five animal rights idiots during the 2005 NJ bear season for three days. Law enforcement caught four of the yogi bear lovers with a sting operation. They were all prosecuted for hunter harassment, stalking, terroristic threats and eluding police.

Do not take matters into your own hands let law enforcement kick their butt. It worked for the Devine family many times while hunting in the woods.

Comment

It sure is strange how skunks hit on the road somehow manage to climb into those harassing bunny-huggers' mailboxes and die. :-)

Comment

I have posted this before but it's worth repeating. Fire Island is an inhabited barrier island. Some how a bunch of Deer got out there. Three moths out of the year it's a Petting Zoo. September everybody goes home and there is a winter kill. June the desiccated carcasses are cleaned off the beach. A decision was made to cull the herd.
                        Now politicss got involved. Rifles where out of the question due to the proximity to dwellings as were shotguns. Finally Bows were decided on.
                        Now PETA with their pots and pans entered the mix.
                        Now picture this. Bow hunters being charged by starving Deer looking for food. PETA banging their pots and next June there was no shortage of Deer Jerky on the beach.

Comment

Redfish, I should have said it is strange how those skunks hit on the road can climb onto a spade and then shovel themselves into a mailbox. They are crafty little devils!

Comment

If you can not report him for violating any local laws regarding the harassing of hunters, then I would use his own tactics against him, I would show up near his property when he is trying to enjoy his yard with air horns and return the "favor". Early Sunday morning might be nice, see how he likes it.

Comment

Three years ago I shot a nice 130 class 8 pointer. Maine law says you legally have to transport game with your tailgate down, which I didn't mind, because it allowed me to boast without being called out on my arrogance. In the process of heading to the tagging station a yuppie leaf eater decided to follow through the various turns I was taking. I decided to play a little cat and mouse game and lead the way to a family friends private property, which is VERY posted. During the drive I called said family friend and asked them to block in the pursuing car (Subaru- go figure) in the driveway if it turned in and then call the police. Forty-four miles and one road block later the very understanding State police officer wrote them up for harassment and Ironically, possession of marijuana.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad