Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has been posted before. But I would like to refine this and put this out to the older family guy's. What is the best joke/s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has been posted before. But I would like to refine this and put this out to the older family guy's. What is the best joke/s

This has been posted before. But I would like to refine this and put this out to the older family guy's. What is the best joke/scam that you played on your kids nephews. Mine is the first post.

This happens several weeks before Christmas. My wife had the insurmountable job of wrapping gifts. All this and keeping my three children at bay. The solution came to me in the form of a trick My Dad played on me. My wife moved all the gifts to the basement. I rigged a bell on a string through the floor. Every time the kids went near the door one of us would ring the bell. We told them the bells were on the shoes of Santa's Elves and that was them running away to hide. This kept them away for their younger years.Since you can't tell only one lie. I drove them past a miniature safety village in our park. When the asked how come there were no Elves on the small streets. I said they worked the night shift and were sleeping. The payoff came years later after they had long forgotten the bell. When I showed them the bell they looked at me like I sold them a fake Rolex. But now my son's can't wait to play the trick of his Great Grand father.
    PS I know this has nothing to do with F&S. But a lot to do with family. You young fathers might want to map your strategy now and help your wives.

Comment

I pulled a little trick on my friend's boy. We were fishing along the shore line and I saw a large group of black ants. I picked one up real fast and throw it in the water. A small sun fish came to the top and ate the swimming ant. I throw more black ants in the water real fast and I never got pinch by the ant. The fish were eating the ants and little Ryan loved it. I told his father that if he picks up an ant slowly the ant will pinch his finger. Let's see what happens. Ryan picked up a black ant slowly and got pinched. We all laughed and I told little Ryan to throw the ant in the water fast. little Ryan had more fun feeding the bluegills ants then going fishing.

Comment

We have the Elf on the Shelf we move around all the time from the 1st of December through Christmas. My two kids are convinced he is Santa's naughty & nice elf watching over them. They are not allowed to touch it until after Christmas, if they touch him before he will tell Santa they have been bad and will not come. I think my wife and I enjoy it more than them. We wait for opportunities to move him while they're not looking and they'll turn around and he has moved across the room. It is a blast! This year I made my son cry because we put him on his door handle and he woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and he accidently touched him not knowing he was on the door handle, he came into the our room sobbing, I told him I would call Santa in the morning and talk it over with him. I got up hopped in the shower before work and was washing my hair and all of a sudden the shower door opens and he pokes his head in and said "Have you talked to Santa yet?",he had been waiting all night for me to get up and call Santa for him. I told him to get the phone and I would call him when I got dressed. I go out in the living room and he's sitting there on my wife's lap waiting patiently as soon as I walked out he's at my feet with phone in hand. I called told him Santa said it was an accident and he had already talked to the elf about the mishap and that he still will be visiting our house come Christmas. I never seen a bigger smile on his face!

For several years I have played Santa for friends and family and would go late at night and put presents under the tree while their parents woke up the kids to come and see Santa. Last year was probably my last year doing because everyone has grown up now. I'll miss it, it was a blast other than getting home at 5:00 A.M. Christmas morning!

Comment

I took my 10 year old nephew archery hunting and told him we were going to catch a deer. my stand was on top of a small ridge that was about 200yds long. I got in my stand at the one end and instructed him to go along one side of the ridge to the other end, turn and, staying on top of the ridge to return to me along the other side of the ridge - making a big loop. About 15 minutes later here he comes jumping over brush full speed hot on the trail of a big doe who was staying just ahead of my nephew. When he got close to me he hollered as loud as he could, "here comes a deer but i can't catch it". I laughed so hard i almost fell out of my stand.

Comment

When my brothers were little we went fishing on a pond near our camp sight. one of the youngest was very typical kid fisherman, pulling his line in almost before it hit the water, and of course soon became quite board and laid down his rod. as he was distracted, we put a large dead pike on his hook, then lowered it back in to the water where he left it. we gave it a few minutes and called him over and said we thought he had a bite. well he reeled it in and you should have seen the look on his face when he pulled that pike out of the water! I think it went about 10 years before he found out he caught a dead fish! we have had a lot of laughs over the last 40 odd years on that one!

Comment

When my brothers were little we went fishing on a pond near our camp sight. one of the youngest was very typical kid fisherman, pulling his line in almost before it hit the water, and of course soon became quite board and laid down his rod. as he was distracted, we put a large dead pike on his hook, then lowered it back in to the water where he left it. we gave it a few minutes and called him over and said we thought he had a bite. well he reeled it in and you should have seen the look on his face when he pulled that pike out of the water! I think it went about 10 years before he found out he caught a dead fish! we have had a lot of laughs over the last 40 odd years on that one!

Comment

When I was a wee lad, my father told me that I could catch a bird if I sprinkled salt on its tail. I tried, but I soon found that the birds were on a strictly low-sodium diet and would have no part of it.
                I guess the secret of the trick was that if you could get close enough to a bird to do that, you would easily have a bird in the hand.
                I then tried that joke/scam on my daughter when she was small, but she had no interest in catching a bird. So I guess the family tradition of sprinkling salt on a bird's tail ends with my generation.

Comment

My fathers friend and a great hunting mentor would put grease on my binocular eye pieces while glassing moose. It would happen about every other year while I was young. Last year I had the opportunity to do it back after several years of not seeing the trick. I got him very good, and he was very pleased I remembered it from my childhood.

Comment

Did the salt thing with my girls when they were young. The middle on got it figured that if she put salt on all the fence posts the birds were landing on, they would get the salt on their tails and then she could catch them. She put about a half a box of salt on the posts before we stopped her. This is the same one I sent to Wal-Mart for striped paint when she was 16. She and her friend went and asked for it. They wondered why the associates were laughing as they walked away.

Comment

I'm too young to have kid's but I got my brother convinced that if he stuck his headphones in his nose and open his mouth it would make the music louder. When he did it we were in the car in a parking lot with people walking by and looking He was in the front seat too

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad