Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From my front porch I can see an old buck rub from before I built, can hear partridge drumming and early morning toms gobbling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DakotaMan
    replied
    You are living the good life! Thank your lucky stars.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Pray-Hunt-Work, who says we have to wait that long? Maybe we can meet sometime, you never know.

Leave a comment:

• thehunter98.6
    replied
    You are very lucky, when I get to be older I hope to buy a large piece of wooded land for hunting.

Leave a comment:

• thehunter98.6
    replied
    You are very lucky, when I get to be older I hope to buy a large piece of wooded land for hunting.

Leave a comment:

• coffeecupmike
    replied
    Congrats, I hope to be so lucky. All I hear is the tweakers climbing out of the bushes when I'm on the way to the gym/work. Though I do occasionaly freeze one with my headlights.

Leave a comment:

• IND_NRA
    replied
    I have a little slice of hoosier heaven. Nice cabin up on a wooded ridge line in a still very rural county. Have deer, turkey, fox, and every other creature around here in the yard daily. I know not everyone has the ability to live in the country, but I grew up dirt poor, and have busted my rump to get to where I am, so I think with effort any one could do it.

Leave a comment:

• ozarkghost
    replied
    Sounds like you are living the dream all right. You have made more than a few of us jealous.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    I didn't wait five minutes and that is why I got the double post.
    Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    I put up three bird feeders hanging out back for my wife to enjoy. We had a second floor enclosed patio build last year in the back of our house. It’s awesome to drink my morning coffee while reading the paper in my recliner. I also like the bird feeders because it is neat to see the different species of birds flying in to eat.
    The birds are a little messy and they drop seeds on the ground. The deer and turkeys come in to eat under the feeders. I love hearing the Toms gobbling in the morning and the crows raising holy hell.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    I put up three bird feeders hanging out back for my wife to enjoy. We had a second floor enclosed patio build last year in the back of our house. It’s awesome to drink my morning coffee while reading the paper in my recliner. I also like the bird feeders because it is neat to see the different species of birds flying in to eat.
    The birds are a little messy and they drop seeds on the ground. The deer and turkeys come in to eat under the feeders. I love hearing the Toms gobbling in the morning and the crows raising holy hell.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    I watch turkeys, deer, geese, wood ducks and mallards and bald eagles and osprey from my back deck. My beaver pond is full of large mouths and pickerel, with native brookies below the damn. The timberdoodles and partridge are just a bonus. P-h-w this is the way to live.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    there was a deer in my backyard eating hedges tonight when i pulled in the driveway, does that count????

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Mr. Double Ought 7 I couldn't agree with you more. Our earthly blessings, although great, do not hold a candle to what God has been so gracious to give us undeserving lads. I cannot wait to share a turkey blind or deer stand with fellas like you where the streets are paved with gold. But for now, my little peice of paradise will be just fine.

Leave a comment:

replied
    You made me think a bit as well. I can usually hear gobblers from my yard, be in a tree stand almost within sight of the house, my little ramp patch behind the house is doing well, and I'll soon gather enough dandelion bloom from my yard for a turn of dandelion wine. I don't believe in good fortune, I believe in His blessings.

Leave a comment:

replied
    P-H-W, that's called "blessings".

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad