Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From my front porch I can see an old buck rub from before I built, can hear partridge drumming and early morning toms gobbling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my front porch I can see an old buck rub from before I built, can hear partridge drumming and early morning toms gobbling.

From my front porch I can see an old buck rub from before I built, can hear partridge drumming and early morning toms gobbling. Three hundred feet in front of my house is a stream with small native brook trout and the occasional duck will set down there. Is anyone else so fortunate or did the sun finally shine on this dogs a$$?

Yes, your posterior may need sun screen! you are very, very lucky!

Comment

The sun is shining on both of us. Ibid on the gobblers, and the fishing pond is two hundred yards down the hollow. I killed my biggest boar hog while I was standing on my front porch and have had to declare a sanctuary for deer within three hundred yards because so many big bucks show up that it wouldn't be fair to shoot them from the house. We don't have partridge down here, but bob-whites (quail) whistle all summer, and we don't have trout, but the kids love catching crawfish in the stream just down the hill. Redbuds and dogwoods celebrate the spring and the best music in the world is the wind through the pines all around. God is good, life is bountiful. I will be forever grateful that my father loved turkey hunting so much that he bought that old hilly, gullied, farmed out, cut-over, worthless, scrub hardwood land back in the forties so he'd have his own place to chase turkeys. I continue the tradition.

Comment

sun is definately shining. It sounds liek you have my dream house

Comment

Rub it in man, rub it in.

Comment

God is good indeed, and thank you for carrying out the family tradition.

Comment

P-H-W, that's called "blessings".

Comment

You made me think a bit as well. I can usually hear gobblers from my yard, be in a tree stand almost within sight of the house, my little ramp patch behind the house is doing well, and I'll soon gather enough dandelion bloom from my yard for a turn of dandelion wine. I don't believe in good fortune, I believe in His blessings.

Comment

Mr. Double Ought 7 I couldn't agree with you more. Our earthly blessings, although great, do not hold a candle to what God has been so gracious to give us undeserving lads. I cannot wait to share a turkey blind or deer stand with fellas like you where the streets are paved with gold. But for now, my little peice of paradise will be just fine.

Comment

there was a deer in my backyard eating hedges tonight when i pulled in the driveway, does that count????

Comment

I watch turkeys, deer, geese, wood ducks and mallards and bald eagles and osprey from my back deck. My beaver pond is full of large mouths and pickerel, with native brookies below the damn. The timberdoodles and partridge are just a bonus. P-h-w this is the way to live.

Comment

I put up three bird feeders hanging out back for my wife to enjoy. We had a second floor enclosed patio build last year in the back of our house. It’s awesome to drink my morning coffee while reading the paper in my recliner. I also like the bird feeders because it is neat to see the different species of birds flying in to eat.
                        The birds are a little messy and they drop seeds on the ground. The deer and turkeys come in to eat under the feeders. I love hearing the Toms gobbling in the morning and the crows raising holy hell.

Comment

I put up three bird feeders hanging out back for my wife to enjoy. We had a second floor enclosed patio build last year in the back of our house. It’s awesome to drink my morning coffee while reading the paper in my recliner. I also like the bird feeders because it is neat to see the different species of birds flying in to eat.
                          The birds are a little messy and they drop seeds on the ground. The deer and turkeys come in to eat under the feeders. I love hearing the Toms gobbling in the morning and the crows raising holy hell.

Comment

I didn't wait five minutes and that is why I got the double post.
                            Sorry

Comment

Sounds like you are living the dream all right. You have made more than a few of us jealous.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How much is too much?
                                by DakotaMan
                                WOW! Do you mind if I frame that for my shop Red? That is the absolutely best answer I've ever heard on this mystery question. You've got to get the bullet...
                                Today, 01:23 PM
                              • How much is too much?
                                by FirstBubba
                                There is no doubt that a .30-06 Spgfld is more than adequate to actually slay a whitetail.

A lot of newbies come here and ask, "What...
                                Yesterday, 09:40 AM
                              • Reply to 30 06 bullets
                                by Pmacc60
                                Great and most important point made here CRM3006!. My rifle loved the 165 gr Nos partitions . It wouldn’t shoot 150’s at all so that’s what I use....
                                Today, 01:17 PM
                              • 30 06 bullets
                                by Cobey alvarez
                                What 30-06 bullet is better for deer rem core lokt or Hornady American whitetail...
                                07-07-2020, 11:41 PM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by DakotaMan
                                Interesting and it seems like a pretty good idea. Is there any risk of hitting the trigger while feeling for the switch when you are in a panic? That...
                                Today, 01:05 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X