Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the best bear bait I could use in the spring time to attract bears to my trail cameras. I never baited bears in the sprin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over ripe cantalopes and watermelons

Comment

Gary last year we had good results in MN with fermented oats. Mix oats, molasses and water in a clean 5 gal bucket, loosely cover in a warm spot for a week. It makes a potent smell and the bears love to eat them. Relatively easy on the wallet as well.
      Don't spill them in the Jeep, they are no fun to clean up.

Comment

RJ, sorry I have no Marine Col. Relative. Most of my family members were pilots in the Air Force.

Tell your friend that New Jersey is a great place to bear hunt. I saw six bears that I could of shot during the 2012 bear hunt but got skunked in the end. I waited for the two huge four hundred pound black bear boars that were on my trail camera photos during the hours of darkness. I was hoping they would make a mistake but they too smart.
        The 2011 bear hunt I saw four bears and shot the last one.

Thank you everybody for all the good bear baiting tips. I set up three bear baits yesterday on Saturday. I placed a trail camera watching each bear bait. I used corn, meat, bird seed, strawberry twisters hanging from the branches dipped in honey, large bags of butter pop corn, dog food with beef, liver and bacon, a gallon of Log Cabin syrup and molasses. I paid sixty six dollars for the bear baits and my wife thinks I am nuts to spend that much money on feeding bears. I told her those bear trail cam photos are worth every penny.

Comment

correction twizzlers not twisters

Comment

During the New Jersey 2012 bear hunt the animal rights protesters were protesting at one of the state's black bear check in stations. The news media was there to get comments from both sides. The animal right groups were really mad at New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for allowing the bear hunt. Governor Jon Corzine was Governor before Christie and he banned the NJ bear hunt for four years during his term in office.

The NJ Sportsmen and I like Governor Christie a lot. I am not being disrespectful toward the Governor but some of you guys may have never seen Governor Christie before. He is overweight and one bambi lover said "the bear hunters are baiting bears with food in the woods. Governor Christie wants the bear hunt because he will be in the woods eating all the free food."

Comment

That was me.

Comment

New Jersey Animal Rights Protester Susan Kehoe,

What a surprise! Welcome to Field and Stream.
                You were lucky to get an acquittal for feeding bears.
                Your attorney did a good job.
                You were also lucky to escape the hunter harassment sting operation charges back in December 2005. That day in the woods you ran away from law enforcement like a scared rabbit. You got away but the state of New Jersey knows it was you. Brother Bill later ID you in the courtroom.

Your anti hunting friend Angie Metler looked at my brother in the face while she was wearing those pretty handcuffs and said "You set us up". Tell the other jail birds Janet, Albert and Theresa best regards from the Devine Family. My brother still shot a bear during the 2005 hunt. You guys are lousy at protecting bears in the woods. Your anti hunting movement is better at making up funny statements in the newspapers. The comment about New Jersey Governor Christie eating at all the bear baits was funny and also back in December 2011 one of your bambi lover friends said "All hunters are beer drinking red necks who drive ugly pickup trucks".

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad