Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We all know there is an ongoing ammunition shortage here in the United States of America. All ammunition manufacturers are runni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    Fund raiser for our local Christian school is a raffle for a henry 22 along with a brick of 22 ammo. The $10 tickets are selling like crazy more for the ammo than for the rifle. Sort of "win a brick of .22 and a rifle to go with it"

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The wars in the Middle East do not consume ammo at the rate of our previous conflicts in Asia, so I would rule out the likelihood of ammo shortages on either side over there.
    I do expect that there will be an increase in the shooting when we have pulled out and the various factions compete for power in the region, notably the Taliban and al Qaeda.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I forgot Dcast! LOL!
    I don't remember the legislator or the group that advocated the ammo registry, but there had been a "push" to ban handguns that failed. Apparently, the "ammo log" was Plan B!
    FORTUNATELY!!!, that failed too!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Dcast

In the late 70's, there was a law passed stating that ANY ammo sold that could be chambered in a handgun, had to be recorded with name and address and amount od ammo purchased. I worked in a sporting goods store at the time.! It was unbelievable the .22LR ammo (it fits a handgun!) I had to log! Butt loads of .22 ammo logged with the occasional .38/.357, 9mm and .45ACP thrown in. Thankfully, it didn't last but a month or so.
    Once again, aimed at curtailing handgun violence!
    Once again, affected law abiding citizens only.
    Once again, had absolutely NO effect on handgun violence!
    Once again, absolutely NO effect whatsoever on criminals obtaining ammo!
    Just idiotic legislation!

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    First Bubba, no I don't that was before my time! Care to elaborate? I agree wholeheartedly with you that the government is trying to dry up ammo supplies as a easy means of gun control. It seems they took a cue from Chris Rock's standup routine, instead of taxing ammo they just bought it all up. However with the amount of ammo already on the streets they have a long way to succeed. If we elect another communist they no doubt will win the battle in that sense.

Leave a comment:

• RJ Arena
    replied
    @Sourdough Dave, I have not had any problem getting .45-70 in Utah, and the prices seem to be normal.as i have said in many postings before, .22lr is impossible to find at reasonable prices, just the scalping prices like you said-$85 a brick.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The rumor about George Soros buying up arms-making companies is apparently without basis. He holds no financial interest in Cerberus, the parent company of the group that recently acquired Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster and DPMS.

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    I was at an estate auction where the big draw was the advertised bricks of .22 up for auction. I actually saw a brick of .22 go for $85. Then the same guy won the bid again at $55 and opted to buy another four bricks at that price. I said out loud that I couldn't believe that anyone would spend over $300 for five bricks of .22. He turned around and told me that he considered it a bargain since .22 ammo could not be had elsewhere at any price. I muttered that Obama would be so proud. Actually, Obama would be appalled to see guns and ammo being sold without universal expanded background checks. I;m glad to still be shooting my Y2K hoard of .22 stored in my cool dry "bunker".

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Yeah, what SD Dave sed!
    PLUS!
    I didn't know about the Soros thing. Who did he buy out?

Another thought!
    The U.S. has got to be the one nation with the "free-est" gun laws in the world., which means ammo consumption here is outta sight compared to other nations. Okay, as far as "legally" purchased ammo goes!

Nope, Dcast! I don't think it's going to affect any "small arms" battles by anybody, except maybe American gun owners, which I think is the "goal"!
    Back in the 70's there was one "gun grabber" group that said, "Maybe we can't get the guns, but we CAN get the ammo!" (remember the "anything that can fit a handgun" registry?)
    I'm not so sure the Gov't ammo purchase isn't an "indirect" ammo control scheme of some sort.

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    I'm pretty sure that neither our troops or our enemies are fighting the war with buffalo rifles, yet I can't find any .45-70 to save my life. Actually, I can't any ammo for any caliber. For a while there the only pistol ammo I would find was .40 S&W, and that is with Homeland Security buying more ammo than was used in the entire Iraq war. Now can't even find that. I don't think that it will get better anytime soon with George Sorros having bought up one of the biggest firearm/ammo mfg. conglomerates

Leave a comment:

• We all know there is an ongoing ammunition shortage here in the United States of America. All ammunition manufacturers are runni

We all know there is an ongoing ammunition shortage here in the United States of America. All ammunition manufacturers are running at or as close as possible to 100% production. Reloading supplies are in short supply because the manufacturers are using what they used to ship out for reloading, to load bulk ammo from what I hear. Could this shortage effectively limit the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Hamas, etc... ability to have small arms battles with our troops, in turn result in the increase of IED attacks, or just plain slow the war to a slow and grinding halt? I'm not naïve to think other countries aren't supplying them with ammo but many other countries have to be feeling this also. For instance Russian made ammo is being shipped here to capitalize on our shortage(not that the Russians would supply them due to past conflicts). Just a thought that popped into my feeble mind out of nowhere!

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad