Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trivia: MIAMI VICE....What Brand of Hand Guns did (Sunny Crockett)Don Johnson use in this Crime Series...NO Peeking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good one 99. To clarify what was the purpose/need of the fourth hand gun?

Comment

I don't know if this counts, but William Holden also carried a Star Model B, which looked like a 1911 but was more reliable in firing blanks. I had to look that up.
      He also used a Browning Model 1917 water-cooled machine gun in the final shootout, which was an anachronism because it had not yet been developed at the time.

Comment

What handgun did Gary Cooper use in the movie "Sergeant York" when he took all those German prisoners in his Medal of Honor exploit scene?

Comment

Correct as far as the Star Mod B.
          Gary Cooper used a German Luger in the movie.
          Unlike the movie Sgt. York used an Enfield rifle not a Springfield in the movie.

Comment

Carl - Correct you are about the Luger,but I'm not sure about the Enfield part.
            The Luger was chosen for the scene because it handled blanks better than the 1911 that York actually used, and strange as it seems, when you view the scene where York shoots seven German soldiers rushing him, he is seen firing the Luger only for the first shot. The rest of the footage shows the German soldiers falling at the sound of the shots.
            I think that there were many takes during that scene, and in the editing process, most of the footage showing Gary Cooper firing the Luger wound up on the cutting room floor.
            They could have used the 1911 throughout if they had known that was going to happen.

Comment

In the Movie: The Professionals, What Guns did Lee Marvin use? Hand guns 1.Colt 1911
              2.Colt official Police
              3.Colt New Service
              4.Colt S/A Army
              Shot Guns 1.Winchester Mod 1897
              2.Winchester Mod 1887
              Rifles 1.Win Mod 1892
              2.Springfield M 1903
              Machine Guns 1.Browning Mod 1917
              2. Louis Gun
              Pl list only the guns Lee Marvin used...And NO Peeking Thanks and lets have FUN.

Comment

In the Movie: The Professionals, What Guns did Lee Marvin use? Hand guns 1.Colt 1911
                2.Colt official Police
                3.Colt New Service
                4.Colt S/A Army
                Shot Guns 1.Winchester Mod 1897
                2.Winchester Mod 1887
                Rifles 1.Win Mod 1892
                2.Springfield M 1903
                Machine Guns 1.Browning Mod 1917
                2. Louis Gun
                Pl list only the guns Lee Marvin used...And NO Peeking Thanks and lets have FUN.

Comment

I don't know about the rifles and shotguns, but with regard to the handguns, Lee Marvin carried a Colt 1911 and a Colt Official Police.
                  I am sure of that because I own both of them, and the O.P. is one of my favorites.

Comment

Sorry for the Double Post**

OK 99 you got Two..Now what about the Rest..Guess???
                    Go for the "Gun Guy of the month"

Comment

OK - Just guessing, but I'll say the Winchester Model 1897 pump shotgun, the Springfield 1903 rifle and the Browning 1917 water-cooled machine gun.

Comment

Drum Roll please 99E you are The Gun Guy of the Month!
                        Congrads to ALL till next time.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad