Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some outdoor related crafts or things to make that I could sell for some extra money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some outdoor related crafts or things to make that I could sell for some extra money?

What are some outdoor related crafts or things to make that I could sell for some extra money?

antler art seems to command good money

Comment

Have you considered leatherwork? Knife sheaths, holsters, belts, slings, etc., if you've got the time and the patience.

Comment

Try your hand at wood work,Bird Houses, Maple or Oak walking Staffs,odd shape Tree Limb/Lamps,Irish walking Cane(Schillelagh).

Comment

I do not sell my work but I enjoy tying flies and cresting arrows. I suppose there may be a little money in it.

Comment

Ed let my secret go, leather. You can but kits where all that is required is dying, stamping and assembling, but leather carving is where the real challenge lies.

Comment

I was meaning more specific things not categories and was hoping for details on how to make them, but thank you guys I appreciate it.

Comment

Knife,
                How about making some knives? Get some old circular saw blades and go to it. Lots of instruction on youtube.

Comment

Birdhouses may work. If you use scrap wood and get creative the profit margin CAN be high at some flea markets. Do some research on what sells in your area as far as crafts. It varies greatly and usually if something sells well and is easy and profitable everyone starts doing it. Like survival bracelets in my area now. Also it is hard to compete with China in lots of crafts. The soda can alcohol stoves on you tube might also be an option. The are hard enough to make you could get 10 a piece maybe for about a dollar in materials or less. It takes time but low overhead so if it doesn't sell your loss is low.

Comment

Jimbo
                    I didn't call myself knife Freak for staring at them I have made a few.
                    Ive made a couple on the bench grinder and I am working on making some knives with the forge, but I am not the best at making them and for the effort I put in them I can't get a good price. But thanks.

Comment

How bout turkey calls, you can buy kits just to get the idea, then start making them from scatch. Some people will pay lots of money for a good homemade call.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Another New Upper
                        by DakotaMan
                        Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                        Today, 12:54 PM
                      • Reply to 16 Years
                        by Ontario Honker Hunter
                        Pighunter: I don't need to speak for Christ. His message is clear enough and simple enough for anyone to grasp. There is no such thing as God's chosen....
                        Today, 12:15 PM
                      • 16 Years
                        by jhjimbo
                        So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                        Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                      • Reply to 16 Years
                        by Ontario Honker Hunter
                        Har, har. Nice try. And just what do you think drove earliest societal construction? Survival of the family unit/herd. It's ingrained in our DNA through...
                        Today, 12:06 PM
                      • Reply to 16 Years
                        by PigHunter
                        OHH, I totally disagree with you. That's a ridiculous statement that "Blind partisinism (sic) is racism in a sheep's clothing." Do you even...
                        Today, 11:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X