Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else get extreamly annoyed when your peers or co-workers whom you only associate with on the week days feel the need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Holloway
    replied
    i have had some people do that with fishing stories but not many hunting.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I didn't know about the symbols for sarcasm and laughing before. Just the smiley.
    Are there any others?
    I see I still have a lot to learn:-(

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    Ncarl,to answer your question that has since branched off to other topics(I'm guilty too); No, I do not.

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    After reading most of this I'm reminded of the 3rd track on George Harrison's break out album ''All Things Must Pass''. Which of you old timer's know which song I'm talking about? It's a favorite of mine. A free pound cake for the next 100 correct answers.

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    Thank you browning! I thought that would be understood without furter explination but I guess not.

Wisc14, If your going to insult my spelling at least capitalize the beginning of your sentences. So who's hypocritical?

Leave a comment:

• libertyfirst
    replied
    I always seem to enjoy hearing about a friends adventures in the field. Sure beats talking about politics!

Leave a comment:

• 1Browning2
    replied
    wisc14, He only brought that up to prove a point. Something nobody on this forum knew. Give it to the guy, that's an impressive feat and didn't feel the need to bring it up until now.

Leave a comment:

• wisc14
    replied
    ha ha ncarl re-read your last post, that sounds like bragging to me. pretty hypocritical right?

also you need to learn how to spell

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Gary D- Thank you, I couldn't find my backbone and write that myself, NCarl cussed at me above. I will say though, bragging is often a form of communication from someone who feels lesser in your company. It is often done not to "toot their horn" but to be accepted. I am always grateful to hear an ethical hunting story because it is an indicator to me, that there are others out there who will help and fight the good fight to keep our hunting traditions alive. If I need to wade through someones BS every once in a while to hear a few great hunting stories, than I to shall bite my tongue and try to show them the enthusiasm and acceptance that they are seeking.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Glad to see the peace pipe made it around.

The topic generated a lot of thinking about the reason to be in the field or on the range. And the ethics of communication. Interesting.

The sarcasm symbol is usually ;-) which roughly translates as a wink. As opposed to :-) which is a smiley. Or :-D which is laugh. Etc. Good grief, here I am lecturing on geek social networking lingo! Oh, the shame! Where did I put those cyanide capsules?

This is the first I have heard about Ncarl's impressive trapshooting exploits. So I guess he's not as fatheaded as some of us.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Ncarl is a young Sportsman. It is really sad that some adults who disagree with this young man must attack his character with name calling insults. Why can’t we all explain or rebuttal someone in a more professional manner. Would you call your own children names because you disagree with them? Most of the people above who made a comment to Ncarl’s did it with a lot of class. Why can’t everybody try to stop the mud slinging against a individual on this site?

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    Redfish, Haha, thanks. There neads to be some kind of sarcasm symbol. I was like, hmm I don't think I've offended redfish. And I thought it was a well known fact the president didn't know what he was doing anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Clay Cooper
    replied
    Some do get obnoxious and that reminds me of a Buck Sergeant who walked into our prehunt meeting of all the guys on Base who loudly boasted about his black bear hunt and asked me how many black bears I've shot. (Personally) Shooting Bears over bait isn't good sportsmanship I told him and followed up a question to him, "How many State & Regional High Power Competitions you won?" The laughter (including our Commander) was deafening loud, he spun around in a huff and left the room all red faced and embarrassed. That weekend, this same individual who I told using a 375 H&H with Nosler partitions is just too much gun for Caribou. Did I mention he wounded a nice bull that ran off over the edge of the mountain never to be recovered and dropped 3 cows with one shot, fines $100 dollars for not validating his harvest ticket? A kill is a kill? Hunting privileges suspended for the remainder of the season? And later had the audacity to ask me to take him north of the Yukon River where there's a 5 Bull Caribou limit, to use my gun and allow him to shoot them on my license?

Ya' they're out dar!

I’ve learned to listen and the BS factor is worth listening to for a good chuckle.

Bottom line, WAM is absolutely right, “A good hunting story is a great basis for an evaluation of character”!

The hunting stories I like to hear are the ones who went places I would die to go to even if they came home empty handed….

I try to keep my "bones to pick" at a minimum these days. I have nothing to prove since I know that I can out-cuss, out-shoot, and out-spit most of the whippersnappers on here! LOL! (At least in my mind, anyway) Remember, don't mess with an old man, he'll just shoot you.
    Best regards,
    WAM

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    Redfish, I don't remember ever talking about trap shooting form or gossiping so you will have to remind me. But I will have you know that I'm an ATA Jr. all American, Jr. all state, jr state champion and with the exception of Phil I'm most likely they best shotgunner on this forum. I shoot at a highly competitive level with some of the best trap shooters in the country, some of who know me by name. I most likely shoot more 12 ga rounds in a weekend than most people shoot in 5 years of hunting. I shoot tens of thousands of rounds each year and received a scholarship to shoot at the top shooting college in the nation. Of course nobody on this forum would know this beacuse I relize nobody wants to hear someone brag. So there you have it, am I qualified enough to give a trap shooting tip?

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Nicely written, Browning. Especially for one of the younger crowd (or URgr8 for the rest of the kids ... Pffffft!)

If someone has something to brag about, I'll give them my attention. Those who are blowing hot air ... not so much. Frankly, I'm more interested in the stories than the hard evidence. If someone shows me a picture of a stack of birds or a nice bull/buck, I'll immediately ask them how it happened, where it happened, etc. It's natural sometimes to be envious but when that happens just remind yourself why you're really out there. Not for the big horns but for the experience of being outside. When you're stuck in an office at work what better way to be outside again than through stories swapped.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad