Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else get extreamly annoyed when your peers or co-workers whom you only associate with on the week days feel the need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else get extreamly annoyed when your peers or co-workers whom you only associate with on the week days feel the need

Does anyone else get extreamly annoyed when your peers or co-workers whom you only associate with on the week days feel the need to shove pictures of their successful hunt in your face while telling you every detail of their hunt all the while its blatently obvious that you could care less?

Only when I haven't gotten my buck (yet), and even then I am only mildly envious.

Comment

I wouldnt say Im envious, just annoyed. When my friends have a good hunt I will listen to every bit of the story and be happy for them. But when mild aquantences whom I barley know feel the need to brag up their story it makes them sound like they are inexperienced and a succesful hunt is this new phenomenon they have discovered and they need to tell everybody in the world.

Comment

It doesn't bother me. Any chance to take a break from working and talk about hunting is welcome.

Comment

You ever wonder how many times that you end up being are the exact person you're describing?

Comment

I will always listen to a good hunt story.

Comment

I enjoy discussing and listening to hunting and fishing stories at work. Better than discussing work.

Comment

A good hunting story is a great basis for an evaluation of character. If someone exhibits braggadocious behavior, it can be quite entertaining or annoying.

Comment

I'll listen to someones enjoyment that they take out of the sports that I love and be nothing but happy for them, unless they've been drinking. Then again, nearly any story stemming from a liquid diet is obnoxious. So no, I'm pleased to talk hunting any time other than when I'm in my tree stand, with any ethical hunter on the planet, even the left wing liberals that enjoy a good hunt. I'd say you need to check your attitude son...

Comment

As an outdoorsman, I enjoy listening to people's success stories. We all share the same passion. No reason to be bitter.

Comment

WAM, well put. I should have thought to add that in my original post. This is why I prefer to talk hunting with my close friends,they are honestly interested in my stories as I am in theirs. I find when a guy does what I described earlier he is doing it solely to brag because they don't give a crap about my season and they know I don't care about theirs either.

Comment

Pray-hunt-work, haha funny how you can evaluate someone's attitude through a computer screen. Oh yes, I'm sure as $hit not your son either.

Comment

Bioguy, nope. I know it's a pet peeve of mine so I make a conches effort to wait for "any luck this weekend?" Which is asked like clockwork between me and my friends every Monday morning in a mutual interest.

Comment

Ncarl, you sound like somebody pooped in your cornflakes today.

Comment

Amflyer, Haha. Im trying to contain my laughter before everyone in this dead silent room starts looking at me like im crazy. No, no one pooped in my cornflakes today but thanks for the great laugh anyway. Cant say Ive ever heard that one before. LOL

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad