Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For some reason there is one cut strand on my bowstring where the peep sight is. Anybody know about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For some reason there is one cut strand on my bowstring where the peep sight is. Anybody know about this?

For some reason there is one cut strand on my bowstring where the peep sight is. Anybody know about this?

Does it appear the string was cut by the peep sight or serving? Either way, Stop shooting your bow and take it to the closest pro shop.

Comment

AAM, I would replace the bowsting. Wax your bow sting in the future and that should stop any cut strands unless you hit something by accident?
      Good Luck?

Comment

I just bought it a week ago, the peep broke first shot.

Comment

I would contact who you purchased it from where it was on the first shot, they may be willing to restring it where the peep broke on you that quickly. But Mr. Devine is right with the wax, it will definitely prolong the life of your string and prevent further breakages.

Comment

I took it back to bass pro and they are sending back to PSE for a new string.

Comment

Is it a free floating peep and if so dose it split the string into 2 or three strands. If it is a tube aligned peep or a three strand peep when moving it so you can see your pins it can cut the string. This is why I like meta or tru peeps they have a smoother coating, are quieter/fast and less likely to cut your strings. It all depends on the quality of strings you get. Good quality strings stretch less, ware slower, are more consistent and allow you to use a good quality free floating peep sight.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad