Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Also, this has to be the worst site I have ever seen for a major publication. When submitting my last question, it was of cours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhead
    replied
    redfishunter, I am ashamed. I will work on my technique and try harder next time. I agree, my initial complaint was not nearly obscene or offensive enough. I have dishonored myself and my family. The next time I choose to air my grievances, I will reach out to you, and hope that you will offer some well-needed, and well-salted advice

To the rest of y'all, thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Add your complaints to a long list that has already been submitted, laboriously written on bathroom tissue, re-rolled on the cardboard tube, and then used for the intended purpose!

Leave a comment:

• Proverbs
    replied
    Thanks for putting up with the nonsense, Greenhead. I appreciate your posts.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Is it more Dutch or Bavarian German? I think Dutch would be fine but Bavarian is difficult to understand sober. (levity)

Leave a comment:

• Greenhead
    replied
    Yes, having a person with a German accent read out English letters that must be correctly identified is stupid. It would be equally stupid to have me read out letters in German. His accent would be fine if the letters were in German, or if this website were in German, but that is not the case.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Quenton, if they are going to provide recordings of an audio captcha then they could at least use a person who speaks English clearly! If we can't see the video captcha and can't understand the audio one, then I guess it's time to stop throwing up the hands and throw in the towel? And many good contributors have already. I agree, this is bush league, not what one would expect from a major publication.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I have had the captcha blocked before and if you click and hold on it you can move it enough to see the letters. I know it should not happen but that is how to deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• Quinton Schmelzenbach
    replied
    Just pointing out... everybody has an accent. Why would he not have an accent? You have an accent, I have an accent. It may be more noticeable if you are not familiar with hearing other accents. Why does this matter? Are you saying the fact that they have a person with a German accent reading the captcha is stupid?
    Sorry, I would have to disagree with you.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Every once in awhile I get kicked off the site or forced to confirm I am not spam. Not sure what the deal is but it sure beats the old days when spam was rampant on this site.

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    It works if you change the category.

Leave a comment:

• Also, this has to be the worst site I have ever seen for a major publication. When submitting my last question, it was of cours

Also, this has to be the worst site I have ever seen for a major publication. When submitting my last question, it was of course flagged as spam (because they all are) and I had to fill in a CAPTCHA, or whatever it is. However, the "Submit" button was positioned directly over the image. No problem, thought I, I will just have it play the audio. Why in the world would the guy reading the letters have an accent? I think he was German??? This is just stupid. I realize this is a free service and my expectations shouldn't be too high, but I read a ton of other add supported content online, and it ALL works better than this site.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad