Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got word that the Senate voted today to defeat Pres. Obama's gun control bill that would have expanded background checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End to round one. Lots of rounds to go. Keep the pressure on as the amendments will be coming from all directions - trying to wear us down and catch us off guard. It will be like throwing them at the wall to see what will stick.

Comment

I was shocked to learn today that there was 90% of us for the bill and only 10% of us against the bill. Next time I eat cake, please do not slice it up using the same calculations used to determine who was for and against this bill.

Comment

Made my day!

Comment

Made my day!

Comment

The Marxist ba$tards will just regroup and attack from another angle

Comment

It made my day!

Comment

It should be noted that the NRA suffered a minor setback today as well. An NRA-backed proposal on concealed carry permits was also defeated, but did get 57 votes, just three short of passage.
                I don't know the details, but I believe it called for nationwide recognition of concealed carry permits the same as driver's licenses.
                Still, it's good to know that we were also playing an offensive game, and were not completely on the defensive today.

Comment

That defeat sissy-slapped ol' Bummer right in the kisser. Well deserved, too, I might add....

Comment

It made MY Day! This Kicked N'OBama in the A$$!!!

STAND AND FIGHT..Its not over!

Comment

I'm invigorated every time I see a blog like this with people who "really" understand the threat this administration is to gun owning Americans and the resiliency and resolve to continue the battle against them.
                      Fortunately, I'm in a hardcore progun state with progun senators and congressmen!
                      Thank you, God!

Comment

I would like to thank the NRA Leadership and the NRA Lobbyists who worked diligently in the Senate to get the United States Senators to vote in favor of the Second Amendment Right.

I also want to thank all the NRA members who gave the NRA the monetary funds needed and the power as one of the biggest lobbing groups in Washington.

To all those gun owners who do not belong to the NRA, shame on you. It is not too late to become a member. The NRA has proven their creditability. All the gun shows across this country the NRA has a booth and membership show special is only twenty five dollars a year.

What really blows my mind is gun owners will pay between three thousand and five thousand dollars for a fire proof gun safe to protect their guns from thieves and fire but will not pay twenty five dollars a year to protect those same guns from the anti gun politicians in Congress or in your own state capital.

Comment

I'm still weary. Not sure how I feel about the results to be honest. What were the motives for many of those who voted against it? Desire for approval from constituents or a legitimate personal vote for gun owners.

Comment

Dylan,
                            You and other younger hunters are going to be fighting this fight for a long time. Best thing you can do is convert as many of your friends (female to) to be interested in hunting and the shooting sports. Secondly, stay informed and close to the defenders of the 2nd amendment. I would hate to see this country without the 2nd amendment.
                            As Gary said above a $$$$ gun safe will not protect your guns or rights from the group currently in Washington. Get involved with the local political organizations if that interests you. In short, DO SOMETHING or in the end, you will lose the good fight. jimbo

Comment

The bill was correctly viewed as an expanded intrusion by government in our personal lives, and the four Democrats that broke ranks with their leadership and voted against it were from states with a long tradition of hunting, shooting and gun ownership.
                              The NRA opposition to the bill was formidable, and they deserve much of the credit for its defeat. They were prepared for it, knowing it was lying in wait for the next big school shooting, when it would be sprung on the public while emotions were running high.

Comment

A sharp rap in the nuts for obummer, biden, feinstein, et.al. Made my day, but it ain't over 'til it's over, and it ain't over 'til obummer is gone!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                                  by Danbo
                                  Lab - I hope your travels back East are going well .

The bandicoot doesn't believe anything unless yahoo news says it's so.

Today, 11:37 AM
                                • Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Number 1 - the committee was SUPPOSED to be composed of 8 (D)'s and 5 (R)'s.
                                  Pelosi rejected three of the (R) members and filled the spots with...
                                  06-11-2022, 08:51 AM
                                  by labrador12
                                  The pussy hat wearing riots didn't happen? The burning cars and burning city blocks didn't happen? What evidence do you want? The Steele Dossier is total...
                                  Today, 11:15 AM
                                  by 99explorer
                                  One side of this argument has tons of evidence, while the other side has none.
                                  Talk is cheap.
                                  Today, 11:01 AM
                                • Reply to What's Ahead?
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  The group running the Country want to have an all out war with Putin. Just like they did in Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, and Lybia. Susan Rice, Hillary,...
                                  Today, 09:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X