Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got word that the Senate voted today to defeat Pres. Obama's gun control bill that would have expanded background checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got word that the Senate voted today to defeat Pres. Obama's gun control bill that would have expanded background checks

I just got word that the Senate voted today to defeat Pres. Obama's gun control bill that would have expanded background checks to include gun shows. Does that put a smile on those chapped lips of yours? It made my day.

Maybe a little bit of a grin, but I don't think that the fight is over yet. Most of the Dem.s that voted against it did so, so that it can be brought up in a more comprehensive package.

Comment

99explorer, I hate to give them bastards an inch with background checks at gun shows. It may be the best deal we can get.

I thank God everyday that no more semi auto firearm school shootings and the killing of children has not happen since Newtown, Connecticut.

We could have lost everything that the stinking democrap Senator Diane Feinstein wanted to ban with her insane gun bill she drafted.

Comment

That news made me a happy camper.

Comment

Proponents of the bill conceded that attempts to ban assault-style rifles and high-capacity magazines are also doomed to certain defeat.

Diane Feinstein and Chuck Schumer must be devastated, but they can bring the measure up for a another vote at some future date, (far off in the future, I hope).

Comment

my fingers are still sore from all of the letters I have been sending the senators. Somehow a little common sense found its way into D.C., How, I do not know!

Comment

This will be an ongoing story. Obama sees this as part of his legacy. But so far so good.

Comment

It's nice to see some modicum of common sense has prevailed. As DSM said there will always be some sort of distraction from the ill's of America. I wonder what effect this will have on N.Y..

Comment

I hate to be a party pooper, but look at THIS angle!
                  According to Sean Hannity, the vote in the Senate was 54 against and 46 for.
                  Here's the "spooky" (scary!?) part. That's a mere four (4!) votes from a tie! Who decides "ties" in the Senate. That's right! VEEP Biden!
                  As far as I'm concerned, 54/46 is WAY too close!!!
                  Don't stop calling and writing! You know darn well the "grabbers" won't quit!

Comment

"Be ever vigilant!"

Comment

Proud of MT's democratic senator Max Baucas for crossing party lines and voting against this bill. Looks like my letters and those that everyone else sent him reinforced the fact that we are a very pro-gun state.

Comment

Actually, the vote was 54 for the bill and 46 against, but the proponents need sixty for the bill.
                        Four Republicans joined the Obama team to vote for the bill, but that was offset by four Democrats who defected and voted to defeat the bill. Those Democrats were from red states with big gun-owning populations (Alaska, North Dakota, Montana and Arkansas).

Comment

I have never seen so many long faces using children and parents as pawns as backdrops again in my life. Biden looked like he just lost his best friend and I have never seen a more disgusted look on Obama's face as he looked at this evening's news conference while doing a group hug with some of the parents of Newtown. He said that the Senators who voted against the bill were not in tune with the nation and everyone was to call and remember them at the next election. I am sure that the people of WV will probably remember Manchin in the next election. There isn't a more pro-gun state than WV. He may find that out. I think his A rating from the NRA just went out the window after all of the bad things he said about them today.

Comment

That being the case 99, I'd say we're pretty much sunk.....and just more reason to keep those letters and phone calls going!

Comment

Today we won a battle but the war is not over by a longshot. You can bet they will be back with something else the next time there is an incident.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad