Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how is spring turkey season going for everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is spring turkey season going for everyone?

how is spring turkey season going for everyone?

Just great, how's yours?

Comment

It hasn't started in Ohio. I have to wait 'till April 22nd.

Comment

Started here, but ion the middle of teaching and land purchsing I have not had any time at all to get out and go I am hoping that Saturday I will get to bag one. I hear the gobbling every morning outside my window so it should not be a hard hunt.

Comment

The bird I had scouted, moved on before season opened. I'm between phases four and five, trying to locate another bird. I've got three more weeks.

Comment

got a pretty big one. spot and stalk, shot him at 35 yards. 56mm beard and 20mm spurs. if you click on my profile you can see a picture if you want.

Comment

season doesnt start for me until may 6, got a little bit of time to wait.

habben, cmon now dont go bushwhacking on me!!

Comment

Been alright here. I can't seem to catch a break! Either the old tom won't come close enough or a hen will get in between us, and they'll disappear. Called in 4 long beards the other day, and my shells happened to be duds... I almost lost it.

Comment

Habben97 spot and stalk takes skill but is a dangerous way to get your bird. I know a gent that got a load of sixes in his rear end from another fellow that had the same idea and thought he was the bird that had gobbled. That is a nice bird you bagged. Calling a bird in to the gun is safer and also more satisfying. My old friend doesn't crawl on his hands and knees in the woods anymore.

Comment

Ill be out for the first time on the 15th.

Comment

I got one in the bag. You can read the story at www.deer30outdoors.com/fire-bird/ The video will be included in our 2013 DVD.

I have only been actually hunting for a total of 6.5 hrs over 2 days so far. My only complaint is not having enough time to get out there.

Comment

Finally bagged a turkey this mornin! Not huge, but it's extra meat in the freezer!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad