Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just read that earlier today a student went on a building to building stabbing attack at a Texas community college, wounding a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read that earlier today a student went on a building to building stabbing attack at a Texas community college, wounding a

I just read that earlier today a student went on a building to building stabbing attack at a Texas community college, wounding at least 14 people before being subdued and arrested. The type of knife used was not reported, but I feel certain it must be an assault knife. What do you think?

The real dillema for our "gifted" leader will come if and when some mental case goes on a rampage clubbing students with a nine iron. Will the scratch golfer in chief bring himself to ban golf clubs. The utensil used as a weapon changes from incident to incident while the single common denominator is that the perpetrator is a nut case and those who knew him also knew that he was a nut, yet nothing was done to remove the dangerous nut from the midst of those he hurt or killed. How about some nut-case control instead of gun control. A legally armed student or faculty member could have either prevented or lessened this incident.

Comment

Local news outlets are reporting that the weapon was a "box cutter." Assault box cutter? BAN ALL BOX CUTTERS!

Comment

George "Step-on-all-of-us" reported it as an "Exacto" knife!
        George is so smart for a short guy!
        Assault Blade? ...by Exacto?

Comment

This is not a subject we should poke fun at, but was it high capacity.

Comment

ban any knife with a blade over 6 inches! no one needs an "assault knife"! BAN EVERYTHING that could hurt you!

seriously though, people are the problem. not knives or guns or machetes or box cutters.

Comment

When all the guns are outlawed and banned in this country, knives, pencils, forks and slippery bathtubs will be next to go on the list.

Comment

Assault knife...hmm, I don't know...was it a semi-automatic knife? What was the maximum stabbing capacity? Did it have an adjustable handle and non-slip grip? Was it made for military use?

Comment

I guess a lot of folks should be thankful he didn't get a gun. Kinda surprising since it happened in Texas. Very surprising actually.

Comment

If one student had been armed with a decent handgun, the stabbing total could have been exactly one....

Comment

Just show's to go ya. Where there's a crazy will there's a crazy way.

Comment

All sharp objects will be serialized and registered. The Second Amendment will be reinterpretted to include cutting utensils. Tanto blades will not be sold to civilians; they are clearly not designed for sporting use and bear no resemblance to dull butterknives, which will not be affected by the ban under consideration.

Comment

Hi...

Just what in the world IS an assault knife...??

Re: box cutters...they have two purposes...1) to cut boxes...2) to cut people.

Students, and visitors who carry them into schools should be arrested...!!

Comment

This Person clams that he has planned this from age(8)
                            to cut and stab people.?????

Comment

Sounds like a high capacity "assault" knife to me! Most likely a military weapon that should only be in the hands of military, and police. I'm going to call for a restriction on assault knives. It will ban any knife over 6", any knife with a bayonet lug, flash suppressor, or shoulder thing that goes up.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad