Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you know of any good diy projects

do you know of any good diy projects

You could build a washers game, a ladder golf game, or one of those bean bag games.

Comment

Or you could ask your wife. If she's anything like mine she will have 1 or 2; or 3 or 4

Comment

Hi...

Boy, you didn't leave us much to go on...and my algebra isn't very good.

Have you given any thought to raised beds for flowers or vegetables? Or nest boxes for wood ducks? Or birdhouses for song birds?

Or, perhaps making your own long bow and arrows?

Comment

Glass bed your rifle action.

Comment

Take up gunstock checkering. It takes a lot of patience, but once mastered, you can indulge yourself with much more generous checkering patterns than you will ever see, even on custom rifles.

Comment

You can come and dig the postholes for my new fence. I'd rather you do it yourself, than me do it.

Comment

Like 99 said stock checkering is a relaxing endeavor. Some simple rules make it easy. Use an optical visor it makes your lines 4x larger. Always checker uphill, better control. The harder the material the easier it is to take a pattern. My first attempt was a Swedish Mauser [on my profile], the Elk horn butt plate was way easier than the cheap stock. With wood if a diamond breaks out. A drop of Crazy Glue is a quick repair. Then just re-cut the line. You can also checker bone, horn and fake Ivory knife and pistol handles. Just take your time and realize it takes multiple passes to complete the work.

Comment

thanks

Comment

You may want to consider building a reloading bench or patiently refinishing a gunstock. If you have some shop tools on your workbench, building a knife from a kit is a satisfying project. I recently refinished my wife's hope chest. Leatherwork (holsters, belts and sheaths) is a great hobby, but the tools and leather are getting much more expensive than when I first started.

Comment

I second asking your wife, I'm sure she could keep you busy 24/7. I enjoy making calls and fishing lures.

Comment

when i said diy i meant something you would WANT to do yourself

Comment

Oh you said Want to do. I try to practice escape and evade.

Comment

You could build a squirrel-proof bird feeder:-)

Comment

I personally like to design and or invent new things to better mankind. You know like a cure for the common cold or a magic fishing lure or something else of great importance to reshape our way of life. Right now I spend three or four hours a day laying down and sleeping on figgering out a cure for one of the seven deadly sins, laziness. So far I have been able to reduce my personal indolence and procrastination from six or seven hours a day to the three or four hours of hard studying/dreaming currently spent on the problem. But when my mind gets too full of ideas and they all run together, I break out a piece of juniper wood and start carving a new fishing lure to just clear my mind. Whittling has long been a great way to pass time and still create something with your own hands that can be very satisfying. Whether it is making your own duck decoys or a spice grinder, wood carving makes a great DIY project.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Recoil pads revisited
                                by Pmacc60
                                Sunday morning and I’m going through rifles because you got me thinking about this. Here is what I came up with, all are current hunting rifles and...
                                Today, 08:16 AM
                              • Recoil pads revisited
                                by dewman
                                When I was redoing the base/ring & swivel setup on the old '06 yesterday my pal sitting there with me asked if I was going to add a recoil pad. Probably...
                                Today, 07:36 AM
                              • Reply to Pelosi and the VP candidate !
                                by FirstBubba
                                As far as I'm concerned, who-(whom?)ever is selected, if Biden is elected, they will, in time, become an Obama puppet.
                                Right now, the push seems...
                                Today, 07:57 AM
                              • Pelosi and the VP candidate !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Pelosi states that the VP candidate is of no consequence ! Is this largely felt to be true ? In this election, I would think it to be of the utmost...
                                Today, 06:38 AM
                              • Reply to Winchester Model-12 12 Gauge Shotgun Issue
                                by FirstBubba
                                RazzRJB, I don't guess it makes much difference why it's missing. LOL! Because it isn't attached, I've had them just "fall" out unnoticed....
                                Today, 07:48 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X