Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poison Ivy season is coming into swing and I was wondering what home remedies yall have to get rid of poison ivy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison Ivy season is coming into swing and I was wondering what home remedies yall have to get rid of poison ivy.

Poison Ivy season is coming into swing and I was wondering what home remedies yall have to get rid of poison ivy.

Grab some snap weed, also known as spotted touch me not, and crush the stem. It will creat a lot of juice. Just rub that on the area it it will dry it out quick. It usualy grows in the same areas a poisin ivy.

Comment

If you have soap and water available , wash the area with copious amounts to get as much of the oil off as possible.

Comment

I don't get poison ivy but by grandma swears but a mix of calamine lotion, vinegar, and baking soda in a 1x1x3 ratio

Comment

my*

Comment

I fond Washing with Block Brown Soap and Calamine Lotion works every time.

Comment

It doesn't affect me, but the best thing to do is to avoid it at all cost and that way you don't have to worry about curing it. OK I am not right. I'll just go back to my corner and mold away now.

Comment

Working with the chain saw getting some fire wood one time i got into some poison ivy and did not realize it. Shortly after, nature called and i relieved myself. Men, do not at all cost make that mistake. Very uncomfortable for a day or more. Like they say, live and learn.

Comment

Bathe with lye soap. Works really well at washing the oil off and drying up the blisters.

Comment

My Dermatologist gives me a shot in the arm every spring, because of the poison oak, poison ivy and poison sumac. I am highly allergic to the “Poison Big Three.”
                    The foam medicine that I use when I get poison on my skin is Olux-E. Works pretty good and referred my Dermatologist. The best medicine is to learn how to identify in the woods and stay clear of it.
                    Good Luck!

Comment

jhjimbo, I made the same mistake last year. I was clearing a trail to back to a little catfishing honey hole on my property. We had a few beers while we were night fishing, so naturaly I had to relieve myself. That was the most umcomfortably two weeks of my life.

Comment

STAY INSIDE OR LEARN WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE FROM 10 FEET WAY!! I used to get it terribly but now as ive gotten older I can role in it and not get a spot.

Comment

Avoid it at all cost, if possible! Second best answer I can share with you is a product called Tecnue. It comes to you available in different versions. There is 1 version which can be applied prior to entering an area which you know to have the plant present. Apply it to those exposed body parts and follow up with another version of it for when you arrive back home to use for showering. Follow the directions for use diligently. It beats calamine and ivy dry hands down. I consider it the next best thing to the ER and a syringe of Cortisone. Good luck!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad