Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you other outdoors men who spend a lot of nights out looking at the stars ever see anything you couldn't explain in the s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you other outdoors men who spend a lot of nights out looking at the stars ever see anything you couldn't explain in the s

Any of you other outdoors men who spend a lot of nights out looking at the stars ever see anything you couldn't explain in the sky???? A little bit of an X-files question, but I have to admit I have seen a few unexplainable things over the years...

I do that sometimes when I sleep outside in my sleeping bag. I like to see satelites.

Comment

I am a bit of an amateur astrophysics buff, so I stare at the night sky quite often.

I've seen a couple of "suspicious" lights that I later found out were things like the space station or planets. (both can appear to be strange colors and move strangely through the sky)

I have also seen some things that definitely do not fall into those categories.

The important thing is to realize that you just saw something that you can't explain.

Notice, this does not mean that that unexplained thing is an alien space craft. Unless you saw ET wave at you out the window, you have no evidence of that.

This does not mean that there are no alien space craft, this means that you have no evidence that there are alien space craft, notice the distinction.

when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

unless of course you're in Africa...

Comment

I've seen some pretty interesting stuff, but the one that made the strongest impression was a light that moved quickly across the sky. I've seen the space shuttle, the space station, and sattelites before, and this thing moved significantly faster across the sky than any of the aforementioned.

Comment

I love to see the Big and Little Dipper in the Summer and Early Fall sky! I wish I was a bit more knowledgable about navigation using the stars, that would be really useful for those backcountry hunts and to impress your friends.

Comment

Was it the same one that was hovering over the field while turkey hunting? If you see it again ask if the space craft is for sale and how much? LOL I'm just in a good mood today, just got done with my finals today!! Beer drinking time!!!!

Comment

Most things are natural like the satellites, and even those I've had to explain to friends they aren't jets. Most every ninety minutes you'll see one tracking across the heavens.
              Only once in my fifty eight years have I ever saw something that truly was unidentified, to me. I couldn't identify it nor explain how it could move in the way it did. Scared the bejeebers out of me. Really. I'm still questioning today what the heck it was?

Comment

While coon hunting late one night as a young man a streak of light like no other flew from one horizon to the next leaving a tail the length of the sky. Still spooky when I think about it today.

Comment

Seen bout 20 white dots move in a pattern. Not sure what they were. Just figured there was to many to be satellites. Prob some planes but it was neat to see.

Comment

boy, I could tell you a story or two...and yes, I was stone cold SOBER LOL!

Comment

A man sees a lot of things in the woods. I am not going to lie, I have heard a lot more weird things than I have seen. There has only been twice where I have seen something that I could not even explain... I usually don't talk about it because I can come off as crazy.

Comment

Agreed with FloridaHunter1226 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad