Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever seen anybody break their leg in two places or get an injury as horrible as this? NCAA College Basketball Player Ke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chicago Sun Times shows how the Doctors repaired Kevin Ware's leg that was broken in two places. This link is harmless and you don't need a strong stomach for this one.

www.suntimes.com/sports/19231005-419/no-replay-needed-for-kevin-ware-broken-leg-video.html

Comment

Reminds me of the hit that LT put on j Theisman.

Comment

Sorry to say that I have seen quite a few of these on the football field. Many were multiple breaks of the femur. I played as a defensive back before they outlawed spearing tackles so I was accountable for over 20 of them myself. One was unfortunately on our own second string running back (quite accidental). He had a double femur break with extruding bones. To top it off, his dad tripped over a curb while carrying him into the hospital and broke BOTH his ankles. It was a very sad day for me. After spending days with him in the hospital, I decided to use different tackling techniques and was elated to see them outlaw spearing tackles.

The worst I ever saw was a kick returner that both gunners hit at the same time from opposite directions with all three parties travelling full speed. I hit low, breaking both legs in multiple locations and my teammate hit high breaking three ribs and puncturing a lung. That was a sad day too and we feared that he would not make it to the hospital. This made Theisman's look like a walk in the park. Thank heaven we no longer have spearing tackles and crack-back blocks in the game of football.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad