Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever seen anybody break their leg in two places or get an injury as horrible as this? NCAA College Basketball Player Ke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever seen anybody break their leg in two places or get an injury as horrible as this? NCAA College Basketball Player Ke

Have you ever seen anybody break their leg in two places or get an injury as horrible as this? NCAA College Basketball Player Kevin Ware of Louisville jumped up to block a shot from a Duke Player and landed wrong. If you don't have a strong stomach please don’t watch it. You can see the leg bone sticking out of the skin. Any comments on the horrible injury? I felt that injury watching the game live yesterday. See my first post and click on the link.

The coach and players were crying.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir4svCknBoU

Comment

As a sophomore playing football I was a witness to our 275 pound starting tackle have a guy fall on his lower leg, 2 bones broken in 7 spots, he never regained full mobility.

Comment

That is a weird accident.
        I once tore some cartilage in my knee coming down with a rebound when my foot stuck to the floor as I turned sharply. I recently had a total joint replacement done in that knee many decades later.
        But I've never seen a broken bone on a basketball court before.

Comment

Explorer, I never seen bones break on the basketball court, either. CBS Sports blocked the instant reply from being shown to the television audience.

Remember, Monday Night Football the New York Giant linebacker Lawrence Taylor breaking Washington Redskin quarterback Joe Theismann's leg?

Comment

Gary - Yes, I remember that well. I also recall Fran Tarkenton getting a leg broken on a sack.
            Quarterbacks usually suffer concussions from helmet to face impacts, rather than broken legs. That seems to be more of a lineman's injury when someone rolls up his leg from behind.

Comment

my science teacher had a bench fall on her legs and split both of her lower leg bones in half in both legs. took her months to slightly recover and she still has a limp.

Comment

i have a pretty strong stomach but i swear to god, i almost threw up watching that video.

Comment

I've seen a lot of bad breaks, blood spilled, and nasty injuries in my life, I also was there when a poor fellow shot himself (on purpose) on the waterfront, I thank God I didn't run away (sure thought about it) or get in the way. If I'm there, I believe I can handle it and do what I need to do to help, but I cannot bear watch something like that on film, I can't.

Comment

I've seen some nasty injuries from traffic accidents, and replays of the Theismann injury, but always after the fact.

Comment

I've also worked a couple homicides and suicides that weren't pretty, for that matter.

Comment

I was a medic in '67 so not too much bothers me anymore. The injury was nonetheless gut wrenching to watch. I hope the player recovers without complications.

Comment

An uncle of mine was a surgeon for many years, but threw up the first time he saw the victims of an auto accident at the scene.
                          He was accustomed to seeing patients covered with sheets except for the part he would be working on, and seeing bodies on the grass was out of context for him. Strange but true.

Comment

In my profession if you don't have a strong stomach you're in trouble, but on that note that is by far the one of the worst breaks I've seen. All you can hope for with that is good meds and as good a recovery as you can get.

Comment

The link I posted above with the injury video was blocked by CBS. I checked other sites and they also been blocked. CBS must be challenging the copyright violations with other websites for using their film.

The Louisville Coach Rick Pitino said "Kevin Ware is lying on the court with six inches of bone sticking out of his leg and all he kept saying was Win The Game".

This link below shows a close up photo of the injury. Warning it is graphic!

www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/04/kevin-ware-broken-leg-photo-nsfw/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad