Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the most fish you have caught in a day. the most i have caught was 34 channel cat in 2 hours from petenwell lake in wisc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the most fish you have caught in a day. the most i have caught was 34 channel cat in 2 hours from petenwell lake in wisc

what is the most fish you have caught in a day. the most i have caught was 34 channel cat in 2 hours from petenwell lake in wisconsin.

I'd have to guess between 100-150 Crappies and other panfish. Of course I only kept my limit.

Comment

63 crappie in 2.5 - 3 hours

Comment

54 bass in one hour on a private lake...had two fish on one lure at the same time. one front hook one back hook...my fingers were destroyed from lipping bass.

Comment

How do ou guys catch so many fish? My record is 7 bass, 3 crappies and a catfish in a whole day of fishing.

Comment

I have gotten my limit of Walleye in Lake Erie in 45 minutes.

Comment

strippers on lake Powell. Stopped counting after roughly 50. A buddy and I filled the bottom of his 18 footer half a foot deep or better

Comment

Bass: 43
                Panfish: around 100
                I mostly fish for bass, and my average is 20-25 in four hours.
                I knew a guy who was big into bluegill fishing. He would fish a whole day with night-crawlers and come in with two cooler full of 300-400 fish. Then he would spend the better part of the night cleaning them. When he filled up his freezer for the year, he would bass fish. His whole diet was made of deer, duck, and bluegill, along with vegetables from his garden. Talk about self sufficient.

Comment

ivw caught 70 carp in a day before and trout 120 in three hours catch and release

Comment

Maybe six or seven, but I've never measured success by the raw numbers of fish taken.

Comment

73 Brookies and salmon in a day and a half all released but 1 that was in pretty rough shape. And 120+ strippers in a day is a common thing, most of them are schoolies, but it's a blast none the less. Im with 99E though, success is only in numbers if you do it for a living.

Comment

I couldn't even guess how many on a couple hot crappie bites during spawning season. Probably a hundred or more.

Comment

I've caught perch for catfish bait 'til the world looked level! Have no idea of numbers!Somewhere in the hundreds!
                          The MOST fun I've ever had fishing was a two hour stretch on the Gulf of Alaska (Chiniak Bay)! We caught 12 kings (limited out!) in the 35 to 40 pound range and 11 silvers Four fishermen, as many as three "fish on" at times while rocking and rolling on 8 foot seas! WOW!We could have caught more silvers, but the Cap'n "refuses" to release a "king"! LOL!
                          When the 12th king hit the deck, we rolled up and headed for calmer waters.

Comment

I've had days where I could catch a bass on every cast on my private beaver pond. My favorite day was in Ak. I landed 17 silvers on my fly rod. I missed a pile of hits and lost several dozen. The weird thing was that those were the first silvers that I had ever caught in that spot and those were the fist fish that I had ever caught there in Oct. About half of them were real bright, some still had sea lice.

Comment

I guess that I was spoiled as a youngster fishing with my father. He loved to fish more than life itself. He took fishing way past a sport and as such used the fish we caught to pay for the costs of the boats, airplanes and such that we used in our fishing. Spotted seatrout (specks) were his main target, thus mine also. Flying an airplane to an offshore barrier island required us to bring back at least three hundred pounds of dressed specks to pay for the trip and I was expected to contribute my fair share even though I was only six or seven at the time. So from an early age I was taught to catch large numbers of fish and did not know about catch and release. Over the years, I have learned the art of catch and release. Most of the fish I caught as a youngster now have creel limits and you have to catch and release. I have also learned to not measure myself against others, but only against the fish I seek to catch. Studying the fish and learning as much about them as possible such as do they school, the average size of the school, the average size of the fish in a the school, travel habits, when they feed, where they feed, when they breed, where they breed, how they breed, how they protect their territory etc. Most bass are caught defending their territory, not feeding, whereas specks are most often caught feeding. A speckled trout's jaw does not hinge such that it can pick up food off the bottom without having to swim in a vertical position which their swim bladder does not support. Yet a fish which looks just like the speck, a silver seatrout can pick up food off the bottom because its swim bladder does support vertical swimming. Learning these types of things about the target fish is to me as much a part of fishing as wetting a hook. If I catch just one fish using what I have learned from studying my prey, then that gives me as good of a feeling as catching a hundred fish and not truly understanding why.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad