Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After reading an article on a Golden Eagle being killed by a wind turbine at the Spring Valley Wind Farm in Eastern Nevada I stu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After reading an article on a Golden Eagle being killed by a wind turbine at the Spring Valley Wind Farm in Eastern Nevada I stu

After reading an article on a Golden Eagle being killed by a wind turbine at the Spring Valley Wind Farm in Eastern Nevada I stumbled across this website I thought some may want to look and read into more. It has some interesting information from raptor death rates, pollution, health issues, and the destruction of land (private,state, and federal) www.wind-watch.org I'm not trying to start a p-sing match just throwing some information out there for all to see. We only hear the good side of wind farms not the bad.

Dcast, when my brothers and I bow hunted in Colorado we were amazed by all the birds of prey dead hanging on barbwire fences. Some were dead underneath the barbwire fences. We suspect they crash into to the fences while in flight and killing them on impact.

Comment

I can believe it. The house I grew up in had a very large window in the living room and every summer we would be sitting there with blinds shut and hear a thunk on the window another dum bass bird flew into the window. My neighbor had similar problem too, and it didn't matter if blinds were open or shut. Some species of birds are smarter than others because 90% of the ones that we found dead or wounded were Doves and 9% were starlings. Didn't they have an article about that recently on F&S? Maybe it was something you posted?

Anyway I thought it had some interesting reads. One recent post you should read is titled "Hiding the Slaughter", just type into your search engine it will pop up, it was published March 23, 2013.

Comment

The Altamont Pass wind farm in Ca kills 80 goldens a year on avg and has been doing it for 20 years. Green energy and green organizations are insulated from accountability. Like the Democrat Party they mean well so the disasters their policies cause don't count.

Comment

Ohhh Dcast! Don't get me started on the "junk" science of "wind power"!
          Wind and solar exist ONLY because of literally "billions" in Gov't subsidies American taxpayers will "NEVER" get back! Over 35 Green Energy companies have soaked up Gov't funds only to go belly up! ...and YES, I'm talking "BILLIONS" if dollars!
          And that's not counting the cost to wildlife!

Comment

Dcast,
            Lots of info on that web site - Hiding the Slaughter

Comment

Firstbubba, you're preaching to the choir! This was just something I wanted to share with the alternative energy group especially the conservation group that claim fossil fuels destroys pristine land. On this website there's an article documenting the destruction of Lowell Mountain in Vermont not to mention many others for wind energy. Also when wind farms are developed in forested areas vast swaths of forest must be destroyed to prevent turbulance. There are alot of things people don't think about because their hearts are so set on an idea they can't think of the consequences.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad