Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys. I just got back from my fishing trip to Florida I had been posting about. I just wanted to let you all that answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys. I just got back from my fishing trip to Florida I had been posting about. I just wanted to let you all that answered

Hey guys. I just got back from my fishing trip to Florida I had been posting about. I just wanted to let you all that answered my questions know that I had great success. By the end of my five day trip I had cought 14 different species of fish. Among the notables were snook, red and gag grouper, red snapper, false albacore, black tip shark, flounder, catfish and a crap ton of sheepshead. It was truly the greatest fishing trip I have ever been on. I cought good numbers of fish everyday I was there wheather i was fishing from the pier or a boat. The fish of the trip was my 12 lbs snook I cought on our guided trip. Most of my fishing was done from the pier but like I said we did take one guided trip and let me tell you captain Matt will put you on fish! Honestly I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy bass and crappie fishing the same way. I will try to download some of the pictures from my trip in the next few days if you want to check them out.

The way those saltwater fish fight will ruin you for freshwater fishing. I know it sure changed my life.

Comment

Put a bluefin tuna on your bucket list, the only regret you'll have is that no other fish compare afterwards! Congrats on your fishing trip, sounds like you had a blast! Nothing like having salt-water run through your veins!

Comment

I couldn't agree more. If you you thought that was a great trip you need to plan a trip in the florida keys for marlin and sailfish. Truly amazing

Comment

Congrats on the trip. I must warn you, snook fishing just gets in the blood so bad that you often have to go through addiction withdrawal after catching some.

Comment

Except for pike and muskies, Florida has it all, plus more access to salt water than any other state.
            The only down side is no ice fishing.

Comment

Santa, I know! That was by far my favorite part of the trip. I absolutely loved it. Before I went home I got a Guy Harvey tshirt with a snook on the back. The only way I can describe snook fishing to the guys up here is catching an 8 pound bass over and over again.

Comment

Just posted the picture of the big snook if anybody is curious. Its titled "big snook"

Comment

Sounds awesome! Watch out if you go back to bass fishing, if you used heavy weights while fishing in the ocean! I went on a trip last year, and when I got back to bass fishing I had to get use to the lighter weight tackle!

Comment

Ncarl, I checked out your cool fish photos. Looks like you had a great time.
                    If I ever went fishing in Florida, I would charter a boat and fish for the elusive sailfish.

Comment

Redfish- I strongly suggest you make time to target some bluefin. Even if you're only after footballs, their power and speed is unparalleled in my book. My last count is somewhere in the low hundreds, and everytime I get in from a trip, I can't to get out again! Catching a giant is the cleanest rush I've witnessed!

Comment

Can't wait**

Comment

Looks like a great trip. I'm in Florida now but wedding festivities have taken up all my time. Renting a kayak tomorrow and hitting the flats then on Tuesday will be shooting pigs.

Comment

Congrats on your Fun Fishing Trip! and Thank you for choosing Florida. Ya'll come back Now

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad