Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a take-off on Pray-Hunt-Work's question, how many people from time they were 10 or 12 years old said what their profession wa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Browning2
    replied
    I'm not quite there yet. I've always wanted to do something environment wise. Environmental Engineering is my chosen major. Year and a half left. One of my friends from elementary school said he always wanted to be in the air force since he was 7 or 8. He's currently attending the USAFA in Colorado Springs. Only person I know to stay that true to his goal.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Sadly, not I. Since watching my first western movie, I always wanted to become a cowboy. But I was grew up in the big city, and it was not to be.
    I later moved to Texas and for a short time, I was a gentleman rancher and raised a few cattle. I wore a western hat and boots, and sometimes carried a gun, so I guess that made me a part-time cowboy.
    Once, while so attired, I was waiting in the emergency room of a local hospital, and I overheard a nurse refer to me as "that cowboy over there." That made it official.
    But I never owned a horse. Sob!

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    Outstanding to all those above. I, myself, was pretty clueless except I knew I loved hunting and football. I took a job with the Water Dept. and since it paid fairly well with more overtime than you could imagine, (that hasn't changed, most of our water mains are over 100+ years old) I stayed with it. I have no complaints, my wife and children still love me and I get to take to the woods from time to time with my kids. I wish I didn't live in the city (I have to), but fresh air and countryside is but 45 minutes away, and I work right where Lake Erie and the Niagara river join, so I get to see lots of waterfowl with a great view.

Leave a comment:

• Ol Krusty
    replied
    I wanted to be a firefighter as a youngster. While I don't do it full time, I am a volunteer. I could go to a bigger city and work it full time but I prefer to live in the country and help my freind's and neighbors as a volunteer. Its more personal, and very satisfying.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Good for you Sarge. I had no idea what I wanted as an occupation. However was determined to hunt and adventure around the world,that was my goal. Though from a poor family was good at school and had intellectual curiosity to burn which helped me to advanced college degrees. Cleaned a lot of toilets and dishes to get there. During my freshman year in college a famous campus intellectual informed me I was to sensitive and nice of a guy to make it in this dog eat dog world. I vowed to prove him wrong and to do it honestly, fairly, and while being nice to people. If you have followed, and believe my ramblings on these pages over the past few years they indicate I have been pretty lucky in the hunting and adventuring departments. Best Regards To All

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    From the time i was in high school i wanted to be on the N.Y.State Police and eventually work into the BCI on the scientific end of investigation.
    I went to the station with three buddies and when it came to my interview i said i was a sophomore in college, he said go back and get your degree, then come see us. I never went back. All my three of my buddies went on in various LEO positions. One in State Police was killed on duty, other two retired with considerable rank.

Leave a comment:

• As a take-off on Pray-Hunt-Work's question, how many people from time they were 10 or 12 years old said what their profession wa

As a take-off on Pray-Hunt-Work's question, how many people from time they were 10 or 12 years old said what their profession was going to be and then were lucky enough to carry it through. I would like to know the percentage of people who were able to follow their dream that they had at that young age. I was one of those lucky and fortunate people.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to New 4 X 16 - 44mm
    by fitch270
    Today, 06:28 PM
  • New 4 X 16 - 44mm
    by jhjimbo
    Just got my new scope from Acme Machine. the scope (China) is private labeled for Acme. First focal plan, red/green illuminated, Limited lifetime warranty....
    Yesterday, 04:28 PM
  • Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by MattM37
    I just watched Wayne's World for the first time in my life a couple months ago. It was excellent.
    Regarding the cheese factor:
    John...
    Today, 06:00 PM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    09-16-2021, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to This Could Be Bad
    by 99explorer
    PH -
    I am going to guess that if you had gotten vaccinated after your first infection, you would not have gotten your second and third infection....
    Today, 05:49 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X