Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a follow up question to my previous. Now that we know your past occupations, do any of you have a "in another life I would ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a follow up question to my previous. Now that we know your past occupations, do any of you have a "in another life I would ha

As a follow up question to my previous. Now that we know your past occupations, do any of you have a "in another life I would have become a" \*\*\*\*\*? Fill in the blank. What would your dream job, or if you could do it all over again, job have been?

There's much to be said for 20/20 hindsight, but I like to think I would have returned to classes immediately and aggressively after I completed my enlistment and would have become an optometrist or marine scientist. Unfortunately, that would have put me in a different professional setting, and I would not have met my wife of 30+ years and would not have been the father of our two children.

Comment

The only job I would trade for would be a rancher or farmer. You really have to "family" into those occupations anymore.

Comment

With 20/20 hindsight, I would do it all over again!
        The only thing I would change...Stay Single. Life is Good...NOW!

Comment

1. Philanthropist.
          2. Director of enhanced interrogations at Gitmo.
          3. Wardrobe designer for the Superbowl halftime show.

Comment

I can't complain about the life I have lived ... except for the end. We have to take the good with the bad, I guess.

I guess my second choice would be gigolo. Certainly was highly qualified (or is it lowly qualified?). Probably would have made more money than working for the government.

Comment

Im good where Im at as an associate scientist. Im one of those 82% of americans who hates his job, but I'm good at what I do and anything else I would do I hate as well. Although, becoming a hunting/fishing guide always intrigued me. Almost attended guide school.

Comment

I would be a gunsmith

Comment

I had a chance to be a full time wildland firefighter, making a 10 month loop around the country. Only problem was that the 2 months I would have had off would have had me ice fishing instead of hunting deer and elk. Thankfully I still get to get into the smoke, just not year round. A rolling stone gathers no moss, but I never saw a tall tree that didn't put down roots.

Comment

I would like to be a narrator for History Channel and Military Channel documentaries. That would be an awesome job to me, learning new and interesting information, and hopefully earning good money.

Comment

Montana, I passed (with flying colors) the pack test in Yosemite in 2009 even after being desk bound for a year. Of course, I spent so much time on the fires I could have taught some components of the course. I was the only guy there that had deployed his shelter. That was back in 1977 and I wasn't a young kid then either. I was on the Flathead Hotshot Crew in 1982 for a while (age 30 and almost over the hill for that job) but the USFS needed a packer at Helena and they took me for that job. It was a poor fire year anyway. Was on fires a few times after that when working for NPS. Anyway, I blew the doors off many of the younger rock climber crowd when I took the pack test at Yosemite. I challenged them to each return to that place when they are 57 years and just walk the route in 45 minutes or less, no pack on their back. A couple promised me they would make sure they can do it. I said I'd be there to do it with them. I still hope to get back on a crew again. I'm sixty now but I regularly walk (not run) the three miles at the gym in 35 minutes (34 minutes a few weeks ago but about did in my hamstring and I'm still crippled), of course without the 45 lb pack. The MNR here was after me to go to sector boss school but I'm not much good at bossing in situations of total insanity + incompetence = wildland fire. You know what I mean, I'm sure.

Comment

a young cub reporter was interviewing a self made millionaire. The old man related how as a destitute young man he had approached a Victorian mansion fronted with a red light. A stunning Madame in a negligee answered his knock. He inquired if she had any work, wood to chop, house cleaning, etc. she indicated despite the poor economy her business was so good she had plenty of household help, but she really needed an accountant. Alas, he could neither read, write or cypher. In sympathy, she gave him a bag of apples. Instead of eating them, he sold them, bought more, and over the years became rich and famous. The young reporter exclaimed, " wow, just think what you could have been if you could read and write!" With a far away look in his eye, the old timer sighed and wistfully said, "yeah, I coulda been a bookkeeper in a house of ill repute".

Comment

"in another life I would have been a cowboy!"

Comment

I think it would be fun to be a pro angler. Cowboy sounds good too.

Comment

I wouldn't change a thing cause the path I took lead me to my wife and kids.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by 99explorer
                                CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                                Anybody
                                Today, 01:09 AM
                              • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                                Today, 12:57 AM
                              • The George Floyd case.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                                Minnesota...
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by crm3006
                                My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                                Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X