Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I asked this question over a year ago when I first started on the F&S website and didn't know any of you guys but would like to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Pray h. w.

I was 31 when I finished my undergrad degree, so it is never too late! A friend of mine just finished his PhD at 64.

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    I have been an organic dairy/poltry farmer, a carpenter, hunting guide, fishing guide, a carpenter again, a small business owner (drive thru coffee joint) and now I am a principal partner at an energy efficient construction firm.
    Pray-Hunt you taking Reds Eats to Florida? Nice. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Yep, never too old to learn. I finished my PhD at age 52. I am retired from numerous jobs but most recently US National Park Service. And yes, I have lived in Canada since 1989. Sometimes it was a long commute to work! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Jerry A.
    replied
    I have been a police officer since 1999. Before that I worked various jobs, including security at a nuclear power plant and many grocery stores.

Leave a comment:

• Hobob
    replied
    I teach Middle School and love it. For the last decade I've taught U.S. History. It was tough the first few years but now its fun and challenging in a good way and the kids keep you young.

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    Pray-hunt-work, I hear you on the desk thing. Despite the degrees I have never worked in a Landscape Arch. office. Every time I interviewed they said "You are going to sit in that cubicle and do computer drawings of others people's work for the first three to five years." I just can't do it. Even now the job does not involve much labor but I am only in the office two days a week.
    Best wishes for your new adventure, wherever it takes you!

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Chuckles- I thank you for the insight. Where I am at currently in life I "could afford" college, however, I do intend to further my education in the,hopefully, near future. I do not know just what direction I want to head in, but prefer it is something hands on, as I don't do as well with desk work as I do with physical labor.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    I am an accountant. I am extremely busy from Feb-April 15, but after that I have plenty of ree time to be outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• cb bob
    replied
    Dcast,I only curse the arrogant, "I know more than everyone" types. Once the job starts it becomes a team effort. Although I've been known to mumble "everything works on paper", under my breath from time to time

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    Pray-hunt-work, it is never too late if you are interested in more education. I got my undergrad degree at 33 and my masters at 43. If you want it you can make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    As a side note I was one of the fortunate that when I was 12 I said I was going to be a Conservation Officer and my dream came true. I was one of the lucky ones that got to do exactly what they wanted to do in life.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    I saw a study done recently that persons attending and completing a vocational school actually make more than 75% of the people with a traditional 4 year college degree. When I was hired as a Conservation Officer a person had to have either 2 years of military or two years of college. I didn't have to worry I had them both. I think that in professions like that military should still be a requirement. When we dropped the military requirement I saw a great difference in the quality of young officers. They seemed like they weren't as "grown up" when they came to work.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I read that more than 82% of Americans dislike their jobs. For a good portion of my life, so did I. It took me eight years of night classes simply to earn an Associate (2-year) degree. I returned to classes several years later as the oldest male in my class, graduating with a B.S. at age 50 (fifty). Candidly, there were periods of feast & famine as a Tech writer and QA inspector, and the famines grew longer than the feasts, but I enjoyed much of my work. It's never too late. We stop learning and we begin to stagnate. I'm 66 now, and I'd like to return to classes of interest...so I will!

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Thank you guys very much, I don't know why I take such an interest in others occupations, but it has always intrigued me as to how people make a living. I never went to college, which I now regret, but still seem to wonder just what my next step will be in the work place. Unlike C.B. Hunter I was ignorant at a young age and jumped into a couple of work places that didn't require further educations. Again, thank you for the previous responses.

Leave a comment:

• fezzant
    replied
    Colorado State Park ranger - tough job to beat.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad