Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I asked this question over a year ago when I first started on the F&S website and didn't know any of you guys but would like to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pray-hunt-work, it is never too late if you are interested in more education. I got my undergrad degree at 33 and my masters at 43. If you want it you can make it happen.

Comment

Dcast,I only curse the arrogant, "I know more than everyone" types. Once the job starts it becomes a team effort. Although I've been known to mumble "everything works on paper", under my breath from time to time

Comment

I am an accountant. I am extremely busy from Feb-April 15, but after that I have plenty of ree time to be outdoors.

Comment

Chuckles- I thank you for the insight. Where I am at currently in life I "could afford" college, however, I do intend to further my education in the,hopefully, near future. I do not know just what direction I want to head in, but prefer it is something hands on, as I don't do as well with desk work as I do with physical labor.

Comment

Pray-hunt-work, I hear you on the desk thing. Despite the degrees I have never worked in a Landscape Arch. office. Every time I interviewed they said "You are going to sit in that cubicle and do computer drawings of others people's work for the first three to five years." I just can't do it. Even now the job does not involve much labor but I am only in the office two days a week.
            Best wishes for your new adventure, wherever it takes you!

Comment

I teach Middle School and love it. For the last decade I've taught U.S. History. It was tough the first few years but now its fun and challenging in a good way and the kids keep you young.

Comment

I have been a police officer since 1999. Before that I worked various jobs, including security at a nuclear power plant and many grocery stores.

Comment

Yep, never too old to learn. I finished my PhD at age 52. I am retired from numerous jobs but most recently US National Park Service. And yes, I have lived in Canada since 1989. Sometimes it was a long commute to work! :-)

Comment

I have been an organic dairy/poltry farmer, a carpenter, hunting guide, fishing guide, a carpenter again, a small business owner (drive thru coffee joint) and now I am a principal partner at an energy efficient construction firm.
                    Pray-Hunt you taking Reds Eats to Florida? Nice. Good luck!

Comment

Pray h. w.

I was 31 when I finished my undergrad degree, so it is never too late! A friend of mine just finished his PhD at 64.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Real Quiet
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        I am not real sure biden is a real person, thus a double would not be possible....
                        Today, 08:56 AM
                      • Real Quiet
                        by jhjimbo
                        Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
                        Yesterday, 12:23 AM
                      • Reply to Real Quiet
                        by jhjimbo
                        Do you think Biden has a double ? There is speculation about that....
                        Today, 08:49 AM
                      • Reply to Target Practice
                        by DakotaMan
                        Good for her. I'll bet she is having FUN. The only issue with pistol shooting is that you can never get enough ammo. It is so fun; you want to shoot thousands...
                        Today, 08:49 AM
                      • Target Practice
                        by jhjimbo
                        My Niece has been doing some shooting, 9mm and .22lr - doing very good. Shoots at a large indoor two level range. She has 2 pistols and already looking...
                        Yesterday, 07:51 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X