Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I asked this question over a year ago when I first started on the F&S website and didn't know any of you guys but would like to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked this question over a year ago when I first started on the F&S website and didn't know any of you guys but would like to

I asked this question over a year ago when I first started on the F&S; website and didn't know any of you guys but would like to be able ask again now that I am more familiar with the posting names. What are or were your occupations that have enabled you hunt and fish? What's paid the bills and let you enjoy your outdoor passions at the same time?

Since I graduated highschool I have worked for my father in residential construction and gone lobstering commercially here in Maine. This winter my wife and I have decided to bring her families concessions trailer down here to Florida to sell Maine lobster rolls as a winter project testing the market out of the state of Maine for her family.

Comment

WV Conservation Officer

Comment

Construction, Project Management.

Comment

Recently retired. I was a technical writer, test technician, QA inspector, among other things.

Comment

Software Engineer. Pays well enough but I have to work weekends sometimes and that cuts into hunting and fishing activities.

Comment

Construction, Field Super.

Comment

Commercial Architectural Designer (Moonlighting in residential for Honey don't know money!). This job as with most construction related jobs is feast or famine, but fortunately the famine comes during the hunting season so I'm lucky there. However summer is another story but I do a pretty good job at getting what needs to be done during a normal work week and putting in extra hours during the evening so I can have the weekends with my family.

Comment

Associate Scientist. I have optional weekend OT that pays well!

Comment

I'm the guy Safado, Cb Bob, & you curse when something doesn't work out as intended!!!

Comment

I've worked in the insurance industry (never did sales) for 39 years. Calling it quits soon.

Comment

Retired from energy company.

Comment

Retired LEO, and Having the time of my Life.

Comment

Government work. I accrue pretty good amounts of leave and use it when I want to hunt or fish.

Comment

Fifteen years heavy industry.
                              Ten years water "treatment/distribution" for large metro area.
                              Five years home construction. (self employed)
                              Two years heavy construction.
                              One year residential electrician. Rough in and finish.
                              Auto wreck in 1991 leaves me crippled but not immobile. Thanks to a Honda Foreman and a good neighbor, I have hunting spots that I can get to and enjoy as I wish. Wife loves venison and the quiet of me not banging around the house!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad